When I planned our annual tennis trip last fall, I thought Mother’s Day was May 6 so being away May 8-15 wouldn’t be a problem.
On Mother’s Day:
- I run one of my favorite races: 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
- I celebrate my birthday.
- I go to the annual Tulip Fest in Washington Park.
Guess what? I am missing Mother’s Day this year.
Not to worry…
- I am injured and not running 😦
- The race is not in Delmar as it had been for 31 years. They used to give away awesome schwag but the sponsorship has changed also.
- I will celebrate my birthday with Anna & my hubby on May 6 and then on May 9 with my friends in Florida.
- Due to the warm winter, the tulips will most likely be gone by May 13. I have already seen them several times in full bloom last week:
So things happen for a reason…
(Maybe I broke my ankle so that _(fill-in-the blank: I could start knitting, cook dinner every night, spend more time with my hubby, become a biker, do some cross training, spend my race entrance fees on PT co-pays OR come back a stronger runner!)