A racing break for me is ONE weekend.
I have a 5k next weekend and a half marathon the weekend after.
But this weekend, the only run on my schedule was a stress-free 12 miler with friends.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday was cancelled.
The hubby had a tennis match and the weather looked iffy. So instead I decided to go for a run. (I’m anal about my long runs and the day before I had only run a 5k race + 3.)
Since I had time, I drove to the Vischer Ferry Preserve. It rained on and off (which was fine since it was very humid). The trail is flat and dirt (no roots or rocks so not technically a trail)…. but it got pretty boring looking at an algae infested creek the whole way. Many times I veered of the path to look at the Mohawk River. One time I bumped into a guy with a dog (off leash). We chatted and he recommended that I stop at the Vischer Ferry General Store.
OMG… Iced pumpkin latte and a delicious blueberry-lemon scone. I didn’t have any money but luckily they took Apple Pay. I can’t wait to go back to sample more of their food and coffees.
Now I had lots more energy and ran back to my car – 7 miles for the day!
It was still early so I drove my car to the lot near the store and walked toward and past the dam and back.
On the way home, I stopped at Target. Trader Joe’s may not have their pumpkin products out yet but Target did.
- Monday – #nevermissamonday. My friend was running her 20 mile training run today. I wanted to support her so I drove to the rail trail at lunch and caught up with her for her last few miles!!
After work, I ran some errands and decided to stop at the rail trail to see the chalk art before they got washed away by the rain.
- Tuesday – A rainy morning which was actually good. Three days in a row of running was enough so I just met my BFF for a walk after work (after the thunderstorms)..
- Wednesday – Back to running before work so that I could meet my walking friends (not to walk) but to go out to dinner.
- Thursday – Another early morning run.
As I previously mentioned, ARE-sponsored trail runs ended so our group decided to continue them on our own. This week, we crossed the Hudson River to Troy, NY (Burden Pond). I had walked this trail many times before but my friends had not.
- Friday – Another rest day!! In the 40s when I got up. I’m not ready for fall!! I may have to dig out my gloves.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday! 12 miles on the schedule. That calls for good food after.
So we chose the Nisky bike path so we could eat at the new diner after. It was chilly at first but warmed up and I was lucky to have the company of some amazing runner friends.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday.
Lake time is ending soon. Hope the weather cooperates this week.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF – run, hike
- Tuesday – rest day
- Wednesday – run, tennis dinner out
- Thursday – run, trails
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Race Day! Barn to Bridge 5k (+ 5 more miles), MIL’s birthday party
- Sunday – Boating Sunday
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Fall Race Schedule
- Friday – Goals 2022 Update
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Has the weather been warm where you live? Please share.