There was a race and a hike at the beginning of the week and then I traveled to NYC and spent three days there. This may have been my last time working in NYC (but who knows??) so I tried to make the most of it.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday!
The weather was absolutely perfect and we invited my stepson, his wife and their two friends out on the lake.
Unfortunately, the outing got cut short as something was malfunctioning in the boat. Hopefully it will be a quick fix and we’ll be back out there next weekend.
- Monday – Race Day – Firecracker 4. It was 2nd time running this holiday race. And I again had a blast.
I had convinced more of my friends to do the race with me. The weather was great. I also came in 2nd in my age group and we celebrated with brunch and mimosas after.
- Tuesday – Lake George Hike-a-thon 2022. I signed up last year with my friend Meg and we had such a good time that I decided to take the day of and do it again.
I signed us up for a longer and more challenging hike (Thomas Mountain).
Unfortunately it rained… well, it poured.
After our 3 mile hike in the rain, we had lunch at our marina and then decided to head home rather than hiking more.
- Wednesday – Early morning train to NYC, hotel check-in and then off by subway to Queens. It was still early enough when I returned to Manhattan to venture somewhere for a run. The question was where to? So many options in NYC…
You know me. It’s hard to resist a race and there was a 5k in Brooklyn at 7:10 pm.
- Thursday – A long day of work but the reward at the end of the day was running with friends.
- Friday – Another long work day and train home!! Rest Day! And no race scheduled for the next day!!
After work, it was raining but I took a leisurely stroll anyway
And then took the train home!
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday!
Six miles was on my plan but Sherry wanted to run 9 so I ran intervals with her and then met all my other running friends for brunch.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday!!
Fingers crossed that the boat is fixed…
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF – hike, run
- Tuesday – rest day
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run, ARE trail walk
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run
- Sunday – rest day, boating
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Firecracker 4 Race Recap
- Friday – Five Ways to Get Faster
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Do anything fun for July 4th? Please share.