Race Week! Half Marathon #53 and my last one (and 5th) for 2021.
It was local and one of the few half marathons that was a repeat performance. At least this time, the hills were no surprise.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
- Sunday – Today I ran the Stockade-athon 15k for the 8th time. Who doesn’t love a challenging race?
- Monday – A rest day to recover from the previous day’s hills. A chilly cloudy one (with periods of rain) but I did have to go to the office so I got in a rainy lunch/Starbucks walk there.
After work, I did my first volunteer assignment with a 12 yr old girl from the Congo who only speaks French.
- Tuesday – I was able to squeeze in a lunch run and the legs felt fine.
After work, I met my friends for a walk and then met my BFF for another walk.
- Wednesday – Too busy to run at lunch so I drove to UAlbany to run there after work. I was hoping to have Heidi as company.
- Thursday – I had planned to squeeze in a run during lunchtime since I was busy after work.
Then at the last minute, I decided against running three days in a row and skipped it.
My monthly tennis gathering tonight was a visit to a museum exhibit and then dinner after.
Friday – Resting up for the big race. But I decided to take a quick run at lunch. It was windy, chilly and I even got rained on. It was a profitable run. lol
After work, I picked up my bib for Sunday’s race and then played mah jongg in the evening,
- Saturday – Long Run Day again this week was a walk in preparation for the next day’s race. We chose the Corning bike path followed by brunch, of course.
Afterward, I picked up my bib for Thursday’s Turkey Trot.
I spent the evening organizing my #flatme and carb loading on pizza.
- Sunday – Race Day! Upstate Classic Half Marathon. The 2nd time for this race and the 3rd time running this hilly course in Altamont, NY.
No rest for the weary. I plan to go out to dinner with a bunch of wonderful ladies to celebrate 13 years of playing mah jongg together.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – rest day, volunteering
- Tuesday – run, walk with friends
- Wednesday – rest day, walk with friends
- Thursday – Troy Turkey Trot 10K Race, dinner with the fam
- Friday -rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run (8 miles)
- Sunday – rest day, hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Upstate Classic Half Marathon Race Recap
- Friday – Runfessions
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Please share.