One week until my half marathon! That meant that I was in taper mode.
What not run 9.3 miles in a race??
Yes, that’s what I did.
Happy to report that the temps last week were not as cold as the previous week. But turning back the clocks was a real downer!! I am one of those runners that usually runs and walks after work. 😦
- Sunday – While nervously tracking my friends running the NYC Marathon, I went on two hikes (Falling Waters Preserve and Opus40). The weather was absolutely perfect for us all.
- Monday – #nevermissamonday. I was able to get my run done on the rail tail during my lunch break.
After work, I had an appt to see if I could volunteer my time helping immigrant kids with their homework (I know I complain that I have no time to work out but it’s important for me to help others besides myself)
- Tuesday – Another opportunity to run in my ‘hood during lunch. I wanted to be able to walk after work with two friends. Unfortunately with the lack of light, we have to walk around the outdoor mall.
- Wednesday – Rest day. It rained early but it was a busy work day and I was only able to get outside for a walk after work with a friend.
- Thursday – Day off from work for Veteran’s Day. It was so nice to be able to linger over breakfast and then drive somewhere for my weekday run. I decided on the Colonie Town Park Bike Path since I hadn’t been there in awhile.
I hung around after and did some exploring on the trails…
- Friday – Another rest day. And a miserable rainy day it was. I walked at lunch and then played mah jongg (at my house) in the evening.
- Saturday – Normally this is my long run day but instead I walked with my friends and then went out for brunch.
I also picked up my bib for the next day’s race at our local Fleet Feet store and did some errands (in the rain).
Then I relaxed and carb loaded with pizza and tried to figure out what to wear for the race the next day.
- Sunday – Race Day! Stockade-athon 15K. It was my 8th time running this race, I always enjoy the varied course scenery, downhill finish and all the familiar faces. It was harder than I remembered but the weather was great. Now that’s it’s over, I’m glad that I ran it. lol
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – rest day, volunteering
- Tuesday – run at lunch, walk with friends
- Wednesday – run after work, walk with BFF
- Thursday – run at lunch, museum and dinner out with tennis friends
- Friday -rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest day, walk with friends
- Sunday – Upstate Classic Half Marathon, pick up Turkey Trot bib, anniversary mah jongg dinner
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Stockade-athon 15k Race Recap
- Friday – Why I am Thankful for Running
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? How is the time change affecting your running? Please share.