The 5k last week was not planned but this past weekend, I chose to run a 10k race. And it was hilly again!!
Some thunderstorms always accompany extreme heat. That was what happened most of the week.
- Monday –#nevermissamonday. I was surprised that my legs were not tired after racing the day before. The FTC training run was a hot one but one of my better runs. Go figure.
- Tuesday – Another scorcher of a day but it was rest day and my weekly walk on the rail trail with friends.
- Wednesday – Back in the office for the first time this week.
After a rare rest day, I woke up to back pain. WTF?? So I contacted my chiro and made an appt for after work. Of course, the pain decreased as the day went on but i was overdue for an adjustment anyway so I went.
I decided that I didn’t want to run on trails for the Ice Cream Run so after some errands, I headed to Six Mile Waterworks for my run. No company except Matty from Peleton. It was so hot and humid. (100 degree heat index). Good news. My back felt fine and the skies opened up to cool me down.
- Thursday – Today I took the day off from work for an annual breakfast and day at the Saratoga Race Track. Molly and I have done this every summer (except last) for 35 of the last 37 years.
Breakfast was good and I had winning tickets in every race but the first (caveat: I only bet $1-3 a race).
I couldn’t stay for the last race because I had to rush home to participate in the ARE trail group run. Apparently I poured everywhere excerpt at the race track. Lucky us. And it stopped in time for the trail event.
This week it was held a new location. Sage Estates. A little muddy but always fun to be outdoors with friends.
- Friday – Just working at home and putting my kitchen back in order before phase II of the renovation (wallpaper removed and painting done.)
Our mah jongg group decided to have a bi-monthly book club. Tonight before our games we discussed our book.
Then there was a big storm and we lost power. So we played mah jongg with our iphones as a flashlight. A night to remember.
- Saturday – Whipple City 10K Race. It was warm and very very humid. And hills, many more than I expected. But I met up with some friends and won my 60-99 AG and all was good (except some miserable blisters.)
My plan was to run more miles so I could get in 11 miles as my long run. I tried but it was too hot and humid and my feet were not happy. So I quit and got ice cream instead.
- Sunday – Most likely a day on the lake to relax and catch up on my reading…
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – FTC run
- Tuesday – rest day, walk with friends
- Wednesday – Ice Cream or (last) SOAR run
- Thursday – (Last) ARE Trail Run
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run
- Sunday –rest day, walk/hike, boating?
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Whipple City 10K Race Recap
- Friday – Sign up for the FRW 5k
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Please share.