Due to the amount of dessert consumption this week, I should have walked, run or hiked much more!!
I ran a race on Saturday. Normally a 5k would be nothing to sweat about. I have already done in-person races this year – two half marathons, a 5 miler and a 5.67 miler up a mountain. But this 5k seemed daunting. I don’t remember how to run fast lol.
- Monday – I had to squeeze in my run during lunch since my BFF was taking me out to diner as a belated birthday gift.
I picked a restaurant where we could walk afterwards.
- Tuesday – A busy work day gave only enough time to take a walk after work with friends. We decided to switch it up and walk near my friend’s apartment rather than on the rail trail. Then we stopped in for munchies and wine after. What I didn’t know was that it was a surprise birthday party.
- Wednesday – Another busy work day so I ran after work. I headed to the rail trail since I was nearby picking up my car (air conditioning fixed $$).
I am glad that I decided to run there rather than in my neighborhood.
- Thursday – Today I squeezed in a quick run during lunch.
After work again, I met a friend for a walk on the rail trail.
- Friday – A rest day. And my hubby’s birthday!! No big celebration. Just some pizza and ice cream cake for dessert.
But before dinner, I met a friend for a walk at the Pine Hollow Arboretum for a change of pace since she had never been there.
- Saturday – Race Day – Bacon Hill Bonanza 5k. It used to be one of my favorite (and most successful) 5ks. But it’s been a while since I raced a 5k or even ran fast. I gave it my best shot and had lots of fun. That is what really matters not finish times or awards.
Afterward, I reluctantly added on some more torturous miles. Hot and Humid!! I had hoped for 7 more miles but I barely made it to 3!
Then I stopped by some local trails. The first one was had waterfalls and it was lovely.
The second one was along the Hudson River.
And so I had to hurry home to get ready to go out to dinner to celebrate my hubby’s birthday.
- Sunday – My running friends were doing a local 5k. FOMO.
But I had to go up and help my hubby get our boat ready for the summer.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – rest day, hair appt
- Wednesday – SOAR run
- Thursday – rest day, bib pick-up, walk with friends
- Friday – run
- Saturday – rest day, boating?
- Sunday – Miles Along the Mohawk 10 mile race
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Bacon Hill Bonanza 5k Race Recap
- Friday – Runfessions
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Have you been experiencing summer temps where you live? Any vacations planned? Please share.