After a beautiful warm sunny week last week, it was not surprising that this week did not follow suit.
But my plan was to relax and take it slow… and enjoy the beginning signs of spring.
After a long two months, I finally ran another half marathon and in person! This one was local and on the same course as the one I ran last November. It was fun to see all my friends again (even with the COVID restrictions.)
- Monday – A rainy morning but by lunch it had stopped. A chilly cloudy day but glad to get outside. Unfortunately due to unexpected meet-up with a friend, I got delayed and wound up getting caught in the rain halfway though this run.
Of course, the rain stopped by the time I finished. I had to get back to work so I drove back to take pictures.
- Tuesday – A busy work day so only had time for a quick neighborhood walk at lunch.
After work, I went for my usual LONG rail trail walk with friends.
- Wednesday – Anxious to catch some more peak cherry blossom trees, I headed to Washington Park after work to run.
I only had time for a short run/walk since my running friend texted me and asked me to run with her at UAlbany.
Rush rush again- dinner plans with a friend. So nice to be able to socialize again (and she didn’t notice my sweaty running shirt under my jacket. lol)
- Thursday – Rest Day. And a rainy one. I guess the timing worked out perfectly. It had stopped raining by lunch so I went for a walk. It was downright chilly (down coat and beanie cold).
After work, I was able to get my race packet and then since it was pouring go for a work in the mall.
- Friday – A Second Rest Day with snow in the forecast!! There was a dusting in the morning but again it was chilly.
After work, again due to rain, I went for a walk around an outside mall (with a friend).
- Saturday – Race Day!!! With 1000 of my closest friends (lol), I ran 13.1 miles! Unfortunately, it was colder than I had hoped (so I changed my outfit at the last minute). And due to all the recent rain, the start and finish was crazy muddy. But I finished. It was hard due to my too fast miles 1-5 and then the unending hills. But I ran a real race. Life is good!
In the town where I live, people pain rocks and when you find them you post to FB and then move them. This afternoon, a massage studio sponsored a rock painting session. It was lots of fun and a good way to rest my weary legs for a few hours.
- Sunday – It’s Hiking Sunday. I was hoping that my legs would allow me. But actually ikt was a beautiful day and hiking was what the doctor ordered. I felt so better better afterwards. I, of course, needed my waterfalls fix and then I also hike two new trails in the same area.
This Coming Week on the Run –
- Monday – run, walk with BFF
- Tuesday – rest day, walk, bike, hair appt.
- Wednesday – run, walk
- Thursday – run, walk with friends
- Friday – rest day, bike, walk
- Saturday – Long Run
- Sunday – walk/hike
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Druthers H2H Half Marathon Race Recap
- Friday – The New Normal for Racing
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Doing any virtual races? Any in-person races planned? Any goals for April? Is it warming up where you live? What about those April showers? Are they happening? Please share.