The Tuesday Topic this week is: Do you listen to podcasts while running? List some of your favorite ones.
I kinda slacked on this when I subscribed to Peleton but I did listen before and I am listening to podcasts again while running.
So here are the ones that I like (in no particular order):
- Run This World– this one is done by Nicole DeBoom who was the founder of Skirt Sports. Her podcasts last as long as the average 5k run (that’s what she says but many are much longer) and her guests are so varied and yet motivating. Each one ends with the guest’s “nugget of advice.”
- I’ll Have Another– I love listening to Lindsay’s guests – she interviews mostly women – some are well known but many are not. And they all have a story to tell (about running.)
- Another Mother Runner – The Podcast – The host is Sarah Bowen-Shea but Dimity is often on it as well. I’ve met these two women in person and they are so entertaining. It’s no surprise that their podcasts are as well. In addition, to stories about their own running and families, they share their love of reading. In addition to Dimity, there are several other co-hosts that I enjoy listening to – Amanda, Katie, Molly, Liz, Ellison, etc. Of course, they also do interviews with famous and non-famous runners.
- Ali on the Run Show – I’ve always loved her blog and I’ve enjoyed all the guests that she has interviewed. The podcasts last over an hour so I’ve used them during my long runs. She also has added some shorter ones for weekday runs. I especially like her “On the Job Series” where she interviews women who are runners but also hold very interesting jobs.
- Fit Strong Women Over 50 – As you can tell from the title, this one is geared toward older women. But actually the title is: Becoming Elli. Elli, the Norse Goddess of “old age”, was underestimated by Thor in a wrestling match. Much to his surprise and chagrin, when Thor wrestled Elli on a dare, he lost the contest. Both Chris and Jill were inspired by Elli and they and their “older” guests have proven that we can become like Elli: surprisingly strong as we age.
- Diz Runs Radio – He has recorded almost 500 podcasts. I’ve only listed to a few but the ones I’ve heard were so inspiring and his guests were just ordinary runners like you and me.
- The Morning Shakeout – On a weekly basis, Mario Fraioli interviews a wide range of athletes, coaches, and personalities on the subject of running.
- Run to the Top – Tina Muir was the original host but she left to start her own business, Then Stephanie Kay Atwood hosted for 2 years. But last year, Claire Bartholic took over. Her goal with the new show was to make it less of a celebrity-style interview and more about actionable tips to improve your running. She interviews athletes and coaches and shares their advice on how we all can become better runners.
- She Runs It – As a ZOOMA/Skirt Sports ambassador, I do have to give a plug for this new podcast. The former Skirt Sports owner, Nicole DeBoom and the new owner, Sarah Ratzlaff, talk about many topics related to being “active” confident women.
Honestly, I could go on and on because there are SO many good podcasts out there. Obviously with a job and other activities, I don’t have time to listen to as many as I would like. When I travelled for work, these podcasts were my invaluable company on my long drives!!
I’m also linking up here:
Happy Running! Do you listen to podcasts? If so, which ones do you like? Please share.