The Tuesday Topic this week is: Do you set a weekly goal? Monthly? Yearly?
As you may know, I am not really a goals person.
Last year, I thought I should have a “big hairy” goal. So I decided that I would run one half marathon each month.
Well, you know how that worked out. Hello, Pandemic!
I don’t post weekly or monthly goals or my progress on such.
I do obviously have a lot of goals. These are yearly goals and I will access my success at the end of the year rather than weekly or monthly:
- Run at least 3 miles twice during the week.
- Go for a walk or hike on non-running days.
- Run long on the weekend (10 miles if able).
- Continue to connect safely with friends on runs, walks and hikes.
- Go to my gym (when it opens) once a week.
- Sign up for in-person races (once they are scheduled).
- Do some speed work (on a track) to prepare for shorter races (once I sign up for some.)
- Add some strength training somewhere somehow (LOL)
- Go on a race-cation in February (if race is still scheduled).
- Plan a race-cation for the Fall.
- Once I start traveling again for work, run in NYC (for the sunsets and friend connections).
- Continue to blog at least once or twice a week.
- Run 1000 miles for the year.
- Complete more challenging hikes.
- Stay healthy.
I posted these goals last December. It’s still early in the year. Maybe I will re-assess and change them at the end of June. But so far, they all seem realistic and achievable.
Maybe in 2022 or 2023, I’ll set another “big hairy” goal.
I’m also linking up here:
Happy Running! What kind of goals do you set, if any? Please share.