Things are changing but most things are not.
I am working from home.
I am seeing my friends but at a distance.
I am running casually a few times a week with a long run on the weekend.
I am walking daily and visiting nature preserves as often I can.
NO RACES!! Another Half Marathon has gone virtual – Saratoga Palio (my September race cancelled)!!
Last Week –
- Monday – A beautiful day. I started it with a neighborhood walk.
I had to squeeze in my run at lunch since I had a few things scheduled for after work.
After work, I had an appt with my podiatrist. I got there early so went for a walk (on the trail nearby that I had discovered the last time I went to my office.)
After my dr. visit and dinner, I met my BFF for a walk and talk at an outdoor mall. (Gotta get those steps in – 6 miles a day to meet the 1000k challenge.)
- Tuesday – The temps are heating up. I should have RUN before work but I didn’t. I walked in the ‘hood.
Getting tired of the neighborhood so I drove to the rail trail but walked on the road and the waterline – for variety.
Then after work, it was almost 90 degrees…yikes. I drove to the Crossings and dragged myself through 3 steamy miles.
- Wednesday – After that horrible run in yesterday’s heat, I decided to get up early and run before work. The only negative is I don’t have time to drive somewhere so I am limited to my neighborhood and surrounding areas.
Best idea ever to get my run done before it hit 90 degrees. At lunch, I took a leisurely walk at the preserve.
After work, I drove to hike at another preserve. I decided to re-visit Bozenkill Preserve. I wasn’t able to hike the whole trail last time due to the mud. It was dry this time and much cooler there in the shade of the trees.
As I started to drive home, it started to rain… That was a surprise.
- Thursday – Woke up to wind and POURING rain…so no pre-work walk or run.
Actually, it was a rest day anyway. I walked at lunch since the rain had stopped and it was sooo HUMID. So glad that I didn’t try to run.
My running group has decided to visit the trails every week. Tonight we chose Tawasentha Park. It was so fun (not the hills but having company and the ice cream afterwards.)
- Friday – I had planned to be in NYC today and running the NYC Mini 10k the next day. So sad!!!
The pattern lately has been two rest days before my long run. And if the weather cooperates, just a few walks and/or hikes.
Of course today’s weather was perfect for running.
Hope you’re not sick of my neighborhood flower pics. But after yesterday’s pink flower day, I decided to pick a color and focus on that during my walks.
After work, my new hiking buddy agreed to come walk with me. I re-visited Pine Hollow Arborteum.
On the way home, I stopped off at another trail that I hiked early on in the pandemic – Normanskill Preserve West.
- Saturday – LONG RUN DAY. The challenge is to find a route where we can easily gather afterward and have brunch (while 6ft apart). So far, we have been returning each week to the Rail Trail. For the 3rd week in a row, I started earlier (ran 4 miles) and then ran with others (6 more with Karen & Sherry). Another 10 mile run completed!! The temp was perfect and this run was sooo much easier than last week.
Got home and did some strength training. No, I pulled weeds and trimmed bushes. Same thing LOL
- Sunday – Finally a Boating Day. Not as warm as I would have liked so instead we decided on yard work. The hubby mowing the lawn and me again weeding and trimming bushes.
I had to take advantage of the awesome weather and go for one more hike for the week. This time, it was some place new – Christman Preserve.
Looking ahead to summer temps and boating for sure, next weekend.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run after work
- Tuesday – run at lunch, hair appt (finally)
- Wednesday – rest day, dinner with tennis gals
- Thursday – run before work, trail walk with running friends
- Friday – rest day
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, boating with family
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? We’re almost at phase 3. Are you relaxing on the social distancing and seeing your friends or going out to dinner or even had a haircut? Please share.