Still working at home (at least until April 15) … all social activities still cancelled.
Missing my friends!!
Trying to get outdoors often so I do not go stir crazy in my Office (aka a room in my house).
I am grateful for having a full time job, paycheck and being healthy.
That being said, I have be sensitive to the fact that even if the above is true, many of you are struggling with:
- homeschooling your children
- not seeing your family and friends
- working from home
- not going out to restaurants, movies, shows, sporting events…
- running alone
- cancelled races
- closed gyms
- unhealthy snacking
Your friends may say they are ok but make sure that they are and give them support (even if nothing has changed much for YOU!!)
We are in this together!
Last Week –
- Monday – A dreary day with rain forecast. I decided to mix things up and run during lunch and hopefully walk after work. It’s easier now when you can dress for work in your running clothes and stay that way for the rest of the day (I’m alone, right?) But that meant I had to run in my neighborhood which I never do (boring!!) In between raindrops (almost made it back dry), I ran looking for signs of spring (and positivity).
The right call since it poured the rest of the day. So I got out my raincoat and umbrella and went for my post work (breakout) walk. The rain stopped almost immediately as I drove in search of a new place to walk.
- Tuesday – .Another dreary day although the sun did come out for a minute during my lunch walk.
This was supposed to be a rest day but work was stressful so I decided to drive to UAlbany (where when I was NOT working from home, I used to run most of time)
- Wednesday – Hard to figure out when to rest and when to run…
Working from home has me sitting all day. I always feel antsy at the end of the day. So I drove to Washington Park and went for an easy run.
- Thursday – Decided on a rest day after 3 days in a row of easy runs. Of course that meant 2 walks.
One during lunch:
And one after work:
And although we don’t currently run together, we are chatting virtually once a week:
- Friday – Since I was planning on a long run the next day, I took a second rest day in a row. Perfect planning since it was rainy and chilly (Spring…I am waiting…).
I still went for my lunch walk with an umbrella…not on the trail but in a new neighborhood. Trail was too muddy!
Fortunately, the rain had mostly stopped by the end of my work day so I drove into town for another walk. Nasty, raw and it even started to rain again. Ugh!
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday…alone but with perfect weather. I decided to run an unofficial virtual Cherry Blossom 10 miler. I debated on where to run (and where to get take out after). I decided on the Corning Bike Path so at least I would have a water view. For many reasons, this was hard (tired, hot, hungry, lonely, etc.) But I got it done and rewarded myself afterwards.
Thanks to Zoom, I participated in a live Coffee Date with other bloggers later in the day.
- Sunday – Rest Day and catch up day.
Started the day with a ZOOM chat with my tennis friends. Sadly, we had to cancel our 16th annual trip to Naples, Fla.
After errands and laundry we done, the hubby and I decided to go for a long ride up to Lake George. Just needed new surroundings.
Of course when we came home, the weather cleared and even the sun came out.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – rest day, walk
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day,
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, walk
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is this virus affecting you and your family? Please share.