I LOVE to race.
And everyday, another race that I planned on running is cancelled or postponed… NINE so far. The gyms are also closed…
A little hard to keep the motivation going.
My work trip to NYC was cancelled as well. And on Tuesday, I was ordered to work from home.
Last Week –
- Monday – Cold temps have returned but at least it was sunny. My first run in my new Hokas. Unfortunately it was solo (and not because of social distancing.)
- Tuesday – A rest day due to a scheduled hair appt (not necessary since the Sat wedding was cancelled…oh well.) But I woke up to finding out that I am now working form home. SURPRISE!! So I had to drive to work to get my files, laptop, etc. Definitely not a fan of being at home. At least I could now walk during lunch…
- Wednesday – Day two of work from home and another lunch walk.
Back out there after work. Not in NYC’s Central Park with Cari and Elizabeth as planned but instead I drove to run in Albany’s Washington park. Solo!
- Thursday – A rainy rest day but eventually it stopped so I could go for a walk during lunch
and then again after work.
- Friday – Working at home. Getting into a routine. Lunch time walk.
Online work meetings- thanks to ZOOM.
69 degrees…had to go for a run. Tired of staying home so I drove to the Crossings followed by a trip to Trader Joes.
No mah jongg. We are taking a break (social distancing….) but I had a second ZOOM video call of day catching up with my mah jongg friends. Gotta love technology.
- Saturday – Normally our Sole Sister Long run day but it got postponed until tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone would want to run with me (even 6 feet away.)
My Yoga for Runners class got cancelled too. Instead, Samara offered it through ZOOM. My first online class and I enjoyed it (and so did my hamstrings). I’m not seeing this as a trend because I’m picky about my yoga instructors but I am comfortable with how she teaches. Next one is in April.
Afterward, I engaged in my usual Saturday activities of cleaning, laundry, etc. Although home, I still work from 8-4 on weekdays.
In the afternoon, I decided to go for a walk since although it was chilly, it was sunny. I decided on Five Rivers (and so dd so many others. I even ran into a running friend.)
- Sunday – Long Run day. It was supposed to be our H2H preview run but that got cancelled (as did the half marathon). I tried to convince my friends to run with me from 6 feet away but no takers. Sigh!
But the advantage of running alone is that I could run wherever and whenever. I decided I needed a different place and a scenic one. So I drove to Waterford. I ran toward Green Island for 3 miles and then back. Then I ran on the river trail in Waterford for 2 miles and back and the last mile was on an old trail.
It was too nice out to go home so I stayed and walked the perimeter of Peebles Island. There were lots of people taking advantage of the weather. I saw an eagle’s nest and two eagles.
As you can see from the top collage, I stopped for ice cream on the way home (a soft-serve kiddie cone:)= my fave )
This Coming Week –
- Monday – rest day
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – rest day, walk
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day,
- Saturday –
5k race. LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, walk
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Anyone training yet for a big 2020 race? Have any of the races that you trained for cancelled? Do you have a treadmill at home? How is this virus affecting you and your family? Please share.