Last week, I went to a new doctor who prescribed wrapping and padding my foot. She also gave me a B12/cortisone shot. This week was my chance to test the foot…weather permitting.
AND IT PASSED!! Woo Hoo!
Last Week –
- Monday – I started the day with a PT appointment. I told her that I walked over 8 miles a day in Montreal with little pain. She was very encouraged…maybe I will be graduating soon?
After work, I went for a run with Jeri. 60 degrees in Feb!! So awesome. In spite the great weather, my run was so sluggish. At least, my foot did NOT hurt.
- Tuesday – Long Day (starting at 7 am) working tech support at the Bar Exam. I was hoping that the rain would hold off so I could run. And it did! Although the weather was cooler and drearier, I felt a lot peppier. Go figure! Still no pain!!! Yeah!
- Wednesday – A well deserved rest day and after work trip to bike at the gym.
- Thursday – Had to take the hubby to the airport at 4:30 am (He’s playing in a tennis tournament in Fla). It was a nasty rainy/snowy windy day but the rain stopped so Chris and I were able to get our run in. Cold and very windy!!
- Friday – Another day at the Bar Exam and a rest day since I was hosting mah jongg at my house.
- Saturday – A long run with the Sole Sisters. Since I skipped my long run last weekend but I have a half marathon in TWO WEEKS, I wasn’t sure how many to run. But I was very interested to see if my foot could give me some pain-free miles. I can’t say it was pain-free or uneventful. I ran one solo mile and then 7 with Deb & Chris. It started to snow and it got icy. I almost fell several times. Chris did fall. We turned around and ran 2 more miles running into Heidi and Angie. The sun came out and then it got windy. 11 miles done (I had hoped to do 12.) and my foot was a little sore but so much better than before. Unfortunately the other foot (bunion area) hurt. Always something. A tough run however, a delicious brunch with friends made it feel better.
Of course I watched the Olympic Trials. So sorry for Des!
And I returned my Ghost 12s and got these:
spent some alone with the kitty
- Sunday – Recovery day at the gym,
Then did some errands, cooking, laundry, cleaning and the hubby came home late that night.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – AM PT, run
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – rest day, eye appt
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run
- Sunday – rest day
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Anyone training yet for a big 2020 race? Who’s running the NYC Half Marathon? Please share.