Next big race is not until January 19…Fred Lebow Half Marathon in NYC so I am enjoying my downtime.
But I had to travel for work. At least it was NYC.
Last Week –
- Monday – Rain, freezing rain..ugh. Glad that I had run the day before.
- Tuesday – Snow today!!! But it stopped and I met up with friends to run after work. It’s getting boring already because we have to run at UAlbany since it is lit up at night and clear when there is ice or snow.
- Wednesday – Off to NYC by train for work. I was able to get there early enough to squeeze in a run along the Hudson,
a sunset climb of the Vessel,
and then a meet up with Elizabeth and Cari to celebrate Cari’s birthday.
- Thursday – After a long work day, there was not enough time to run because…
I had tickets to see Hamilton. It was awesome…everything I had heard about the show was true…LOVED it.
(The truth was that I walked 40 blocks in boots Wed night and then walked and stood all day today in uncomfortable work shoes…my feet were KILLING me!)
- Friday – Another rest day since I had to head home right after work. Even though I wore my running shoes to work…my left foot (actually the ball of the foot) was very painful… I could hardly walk.)
- Saturday – I originally had planned to run a local 5k (but I really never liked the race since it is crowded with young kids – benefits Girls on the Run) so instead I chose a long run with my Sole Sisters on the local rail trail. However, I had made the decision the night before to rest my foot so I did not go (Glad I didn’t register for the GOTR 5k). Instead I went to the gym and then joined my running friends for brunch. Well, I iced my foot and the pain was virtually gone… I did errands and waited for the pain to return…it did not.. I hate to waste a sunny Saturday so I did run!! Not long and not fast and I did not regret it.
- Sunday – Rest day (and a rainy one) so I did some errands (nails, groceries, library) while tracking my good friend Alyssa who was running the Philly Marathon…so sorry that the weather was horrific.
In the afternoon, I went to another Cat Yoga class. This one was held where I normally take yoga classes and it was a fundraiser for a local adoption service. So fun and lots of cats and kittens (tempted but no I didn’t take one home.)
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run with friends
- Tuesday – run, mall walk with BFF
- Wednesday – rest day, bib pick up, cooking
- Thursday – Troy Turkey Trot 10k and 5K
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – run with Sole Sisters
- Sunday – rest day, painting B-Day celebration with mentee
I guess all the cool kids are doing this so here’s my TEN Year CHALLENGE contribution:
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How do you spend your time between races? Did you participate in the 10 year challenge?Please share.