Post-race let down?
Nope, still savoring the moment.
Can’t believe that I actually ran the NYC Marathon!!
Last Week –
- Monday – A busy recovery day in NYC. I got up early, had breakfast in the hotel. Then I had an appt. at RECOVER, followed by Lacey and I climbing the Vessel to take a picture with ours medals (what else?) Afterward we met Cari for a post race recovery lunch – Mazoh Ball soup and lox. Cari & I walked Lacey to the train and then took the subway to Jack Rabbit for more recovery and freebies before we separated. She took the subway back to her apt and I to Penn Station to catch my train home.
- Tuesday – Back home and at work. Still recovering but I had signed up for a yoga class (Cat Yoga) because I had taken it before (and it was fun) and I wanted to support my friend Judy who was teaching it as her first class.
- Wednesday – Still in supposed recovery mode though tempted to run. Good thing I had a chiro appt. She was surprised at how fast I bounced back. Not much for her to do. Lol.
- Thursday – Ok, enough rest. I wanted to take the post marathon legs out for a short run. But rain/snow thwarted that idea. Instead I went out to celebrate.
- Friday – I planned to get up early and run but 20 degrees. Yikes. Instead after work, I ran a loop at Ualbany and rushed home as I had to clean my house since I was hosting mah jongg.
My friends brought me delicious cupcakes to celebrate my marathon and I won several times. Good times.
- Saturday – Resting again due to a race the next day. Instead of a run, I went for a walk with my running friends, had brunch and then went on errands and to pick up my bib.
- Sunday – In a moment of insanity, I signed up for a local 15k race a week after my first full marathon. I didn’t know how it would go but I decided to do it since I love this race and what’s 9.3 miles compared to 26.2? Well, my legs weren’t as recovered as I thought so I took it slow and ran/walked it. Bumped into a lot of runners that I knew and even ran most of the race with someone.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – DAY OFF – run/walk
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – rest day, dinner with tennis friends
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – run
- Sunday – rest
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How long after a marathon have you rested? Please share.