No work travel this week. Just the normal busy stuff.
Now that I have free time during the week to actually to do my training miles, it’s taper time for my NYCM training. It figures….
Last Week –
- Monday – Even though it was the day after my 20 miler, I signed up for a race, Lawson Lake Trail Run. I had the day off and it was only a 5k trail race. I planned to just walk it. After experiencing lots of discomfort the previous day, I was surprised to wake up feeling as if I had NOT run the day before. Still I walked most of it and It was a fun time. The weather was awesome, the course scenic and some of my friends came as well.
After the race, my hubby and I decided to make one last quick trip to the lake. We even made our last trip to Martha’s for ice cream (sorry no pic)
- Tuesday – With rain in the forecast for the next two days, my running friend and I headed to run the UAlbany loop after work. We ran in the opposite direction from last week and discussed alternate places to run. Afterward I met my BFF to chat and walk around the mall.
- Wednesday – There was a scheduled SOAR run today after work on the rail trail. But it was raining so I bailed.
- Thursday – Long work day and it rained all day and night but it was not raining when I left work so I ran on the Corning Bike path. I had the company again of a friend. Definitely made the difference.
Afterward I rushed off to have dinner with some tennis friends.
- Friday – Rest day…Chiro appt and then time to relax and play mah jongg.
- Saturday – Only a 12 mile run for this week. Start of my TAPER! We chose the local rail trail and the weather was PERFECT!! (cool and sunny). I ran the first 5 miles solo, then the last 7 with Barbara and Judy and joined the others (Sherry, Chris, Jeri) afterward for brunch.
No rest for the weary. As soon I was done with post run brunch, I drove with a college friend to meet another college friend for a mini reunion on the Walkway Bridge Over the Hudson.
- Sunday – Rest Day and no boating… just nothing. Aaaah.
(Actually laundry, cleaning and errands…pretty tiring …on 2nd thought…rather go running lol)
This Coming Week – Marathon Training Week 17
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – rest day
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – LONG RUN – 8 – Maybe a 5k race (+ 5)
- Sunday – rest day, volunteer at ARE Trail Race
I am linking up with Kim and Deborah for
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.