Work Travel Again. But it’s the last trip (for a little while, I hope)
A Half Marathon happened at the end of the week as part of my 20 miler.
Almost taper time for my NYCM training.
Last Week –
- Monday – Work trip to Sullivan County. It was supposed to be raining in the am so I didn’t plan to run before leaving. Of course it was not. But it rained the rest of the day. And hard. I had no choice but to run on the hotel treadmill. I was alone and there was TV but still hated it.
- Tuesday – After a long work day, I went back to my hotel to change in search of some place nearby to run safely. I discovered a rail trail not too far away and headed there. The foliage colors were awesome and though I was tired, this run energized me.
After 4.5 miles, I headed off the trail to get to 5 miles. My reward:
- Wednesday – It again was supposed to rain but I changed into running clothes just in case. I had hoped to run on a rail trail that I had passed on my way Monday. It looked like it was going to rain soon so instead I found a trail near work. It turned out to be too muddy and full of roots to run on. Instead I walked. Almost got lost several times but I made it all around the lake before the rain.
- Thursday – Back home and able to run after work with a friend. For convenience purposes, we hit the UAlbany loop.
Then I went to the movies with friends (I skipped the restaurant dinner in favor of a run…it was a HARD decision.).
- Friday – Time to rest, unpack and play mah jongg. But first a quick run on the local rail trail (nice weather and there aren’t too many of those in the future.)
- Saturday – My friends were running a race today. FOMO since it is one race I’ve done every year. Instead I started the day with a trip to the expo to pick up my bib for Sunday’s half.
Then the hubby and I drove up to Lake George for our LAST boating day of the season. The weather was again PERFECT and I spent a relaxing day with our friends.
- Sunday – Yes, today was the day of the 20 miler. My only one during marathon training. I drove to the start of the Hannaford Half Marathon and in the dark ran 7 miles. (I started out on the trail but it was too dark so I ran on the road and then returned to the trail once the sun came up.)
Then I ran 13.2 more miles as part of the race. Being a local race, it was nice to see so many familiar faces. (Even met up with Cari from NYC who was visiting her brother.) The first 6 miles went very well. Maybe too well. The last 7 were very painful…everything hurt. But I was lucky to have a friend run the last mile or so with me and to have my running friends cheer me through the finish line, So it was harder than I thought but the 20 miler is done. Bring on the taper!