After four weeks of working in NYC and two weekends away, it was nice to be home and sleep in my own bed.
NYCM Training continued of course.
Last Week –
- Monday – I spend today in RI with my college roommate. I started out the day with a recovery run along the beach.
Then we went kayaking for about 2 hours. Yikes. I have never used those muscles before. So sore.
We finished the day with a boat ride to a beach to relax.
This weekend away was just what the doctor ordered.
- Tuesday – Back home and back at work. Took a rest day, went to the chiro and then a walk around the mall with my BFF.
- Wednesday – Fleet Feet sponsored a run night so I agreed to go with a friend. I got there early so ran 1.5 miles and then sampled some Untapped fuel and ran 3 miles with my friend and a new running friend. Nice change of scenery. Heat and humidity returned but it was only for a day.
- Thursday – Rained all day. But when I got out of work, it was not raining. Headed to the Corning Bike trail where was nearby to squeeze in a run …
Then off to an early release viewing of this movie:
- Friday – Rest day. Finally got to play mah jongg with the girls.
- Saturday – Long Run Day with my Sole Sisters. My plan called for 16 miles. I ran 8 solo though I did run with Jan for a bit. Then Barbara arrived to run the next 8 but for the last mile I told her to run ahead as I was pooped. I thought it might rain but actually the weather was perfect.
After we all headed to a birthday party. Good food and good times. Running friends are the best.
- Sunday – Still nice weather for boating on Lake George. Lucky us. We relaxed and BBQed
and then I went for a long walk in the trails.