In NYC last week and Schroon River over the weekend. Now back in NYC this week and next… followed by a weekend in RI…
Where is my home?? I’m exhausted …
But I’m halfway in my NYCM Training. 9 more weeks to go!!!!
Last Week –
- Monday – Back in NYC for work. Got done early so I ran along the East River (in the direction that I don’t normally run) and then back to my hotel.
Cari stopped by my hotel and she suggested that we run along the Hudson to Wagner Park to see the sunset and the Statute of Liberty. Never a bad run with a friend and these views. Great running weather too!
- Tuesday – After work, I went back to the East River and ran farther than the day before since I had never run along this section of the river before. Always nice to take different routes. Again perfect weather.
- Wednesday – A rest day after a long work day and then a train ride home after work.
- Thursday – Back home in time for the last ARE trail run of the season. A new trail for me and a run with friends. Dinner with friends after as well. Can’t beat it.
- Friday – Day off from work to spend the day at the Saratoga Race Track – an annual tradition with my former teaching buddy. We’ve gone 34 out of 35 years (she had a baby one July). We start off with breakfast and watch the horses warm up and then stay for the races. Didn’t win much but had a great time.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. 12 on my schedule. The group picked the Nisky Bike Path. I ran 2 solo miles. Then 4.5 with Sherry and new running friend Deb and the final 5.5 miles with Deb. Afterward, we joined the others for brunch at a new place.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday, of course. The weather was much better than predicted (no rain, just a little cool) and rain was predicted for Monday so I got in a few miles before we left to go boating.
Every year, Lake George has a celebration called Christmas on Log Bay – lots of boaters & music to raise money for charity.
Then in the evening, there’s a boat parade (boats decorated for Xmas) and fireworks.