WEEK 7 of NYCM Training included TWO races in one week (both 5ks)
Last Week –
- Monday – Well I really didn’t feel like getting up early and running. But the weather has been so unpredictable and I wasn’t sure what the week would bring besides work. So I dragged myself out of bed and actually did 6 miles. The temps were wonderful and I discovered a preserve and hiking trail just 3 miles from my house.
After work I headed to NYC for work. It was late when I arrived so just had dinner and went for a walk.
- Tuesday – A long work day in Queens followed by meeting Cari for a walk. Haven’t seen her in awhile and it was great to catch up. It seems to always rain when we meet. Today was predicted to have heavy rain in the evening. Lucky for us, it never happened. So we took the subway to the GW bridge because I wanted to see the Little Red Lighthouse, walked over 100 blocks along the Hudson at sunset and then I took the subway back to my hotel. What a great way to spend the evening with a friend.
- Wednesday – Another work day but as I’ve done in summers past, I took the long subway ride to Brooklyn to run a 5k. Crazy I know but it was enjoyable.
- Thursday – Met up with Cari again after work but this time it was to actually run. Instead of our original plan of running in Central Park, we headed to the pier on the Hudson to catch up with fellow Skirt Sports ambassador Elizabeth. Then caught the sun setting as we ran.
- Friday – Rest day due to returning home late after work by train.
- Saturday – Today I ran the Jailhouse Rock 5k with my friend Laurie. After a hard work week and a late arrival home the night before, it wasn’t the best laid plans.
Still fun and then ran 9 miles after to complete a long run. That was not fun.
- Sunday – It’s Sunday and that means boating on Lake George. It was a gorgeous day and we got off the lake before the storms arrived 🙂