A new name for an old race. And it was also WEEK 5 for NYCM Training and I continued to get my runs done.
Last Week –
- Monday – A quick run before work
because I was going to the movies that evening. A friend got a free pass to:
- Tuesday – Instead of my regular job, this week, I worked tech support for the NYS Bar Exam. For nostalgia sake (I proctored where I used to work) I thought I might run a little in the area but it was too damn hot (and thunderstorms were lurking). I did meet my BFF to walk and talk in the mall. Got my steps in!!
- Wednesday – Back at my regular job and this week, I set my alarm to run before work but changed my mind. Instead I did attend the ice cream run after work. It was at a convenient location and though I was tired, I can never resist ice cream.
- Thursday – Back at the Bar Exam…exhausted but still excited to run the trails again. We returned to Thacher Park but ran on a different trail than a few weeks ago. Somehow once I started running, the weariness in my body disappeared and I ran with a new friend (Gail). We ran slow and enjoyed the views and then afterword went out to dinner with some of my Sole Sisters.
- Friday – Rest day after day 3 at the Bar Exam so that I could get ready to run 8 insanely hilly miles the next day. and then recoup at my friend’s house on the Schroon River.
- Saturday – Inaugural Hudson River Ramble (previously Race the Train). – an 8 mile race along the Hudson River (where a train used to run). I guess I had amnesia because I don’t remember the race being this hard…the hills were insane so I had no choice but to walk up every single one. Still I made some new friends, chatted with some old ones and even won my age group.
After the race, I stopped at a trail. Yes I hiked to top of a mountain… Sorry legs but I’ve wanting to hike all summer.
- Sunday – Another Boating Sunday on Lake George. Again the weather was lovely and this week, we invited some friends along. Such a fun day sharing our love of the lake with others.
This Coming Week – Marathon Training Week 6
- Monday – 3 miles (before work), nail appt.
- Tuesday – rest day, dinner out with a friend
- Wednesday – 5 miles (ice cream group run) on the rail trail or SOAR run at Thacher Park
- Thursday – 3 miles (ARE trail run series or on the Corning bike path)
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg evening
- Saturday – 11 mile Long Run
- Sunday – rest day, boating
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any races on the horizon? How are you dealing with the summer temps? Please share.