Not mine but one of the Sole Sisters turned 70!! And we celebrated, of course!!
And it was also WEEK 3 for NYCM Training.
Last Week –
- Monday – For the first time in a while, none of my friends were free to run. So I headed to my local rail trail and ran alone (with my podcasts). My legs just were not feeling the run it but it got done.
- Tuesday – Had a webinar to attend after work so scheduled a rest day instead of a run.
- Wednesday – Again, there was a tempting evening ice cream group run but also an author was giving a talk locally. She wrote:
I had planned to squeeze in some miles before the talk but instead, with rain and thunderstorms in the forecast, I got up early and ran before work. Holy Humidity!!
The talk was great and I knew a few of the runners there. And yes, it rained HARD on and off all day.
- Thursday – Since I enjoyed last week’s trail run so much, I decided to participate again today. Several of my running friends were also planning to go. It was very humid but I ran pretty hard since it was not that technical. Could I be addicted to trails?
- Friday – My usual rest day before a race day. I paid a visit to my chiro for a monthly tune-up. Also my usual Friday night mah jongg game.
- Saturday – Long run Saturday with the Sole Sisters.
Because I was running longer than the others, I ran 3 miles before we gathered at the
Corning bike path. Rail Trail. We are currently experiencing a heat wave (with high humidity as well as temps).
After the run, we went to one of the runner’s house for a book discussion (Kathrine Switzer’s Marathon Woman), lunch, swimming (in her new pool) and a birthday party.
- Sunday – And of course, it was Boating Sunday on Lake George. I have been so lucky that the rain has not interfered with boating on the weekends. It was another very humid and hot day. Even my stepson and his new wife came along for the first time. We gave them a tour of our favorite spots on the lake. Al in all, another fun day.