A very busy week but luckily we had the best weather of the week on the weekend and I was lucky enough to spend both days at the lake – one racing and one boating.
Last Week –
- Monday – After a rainy Sunday, I was happy to see some sunshine. I was supposed to run with a friend at the Crossings but I had a re-scheduled chiro appt. Instead I ran earlier at UAlbany and I talked my friend into joining me. After my run, I talked to my chiro about my wonky hip (but of course, it has stopped bothering me?) She said it was my SI joint and she worked some painful magic on it.
- Tuesday – Rest day because I had a long overdue and re-scheduled dinner date with an old friend. Sometimes running cannot take precedent over life.
- Wednesday – Rest Day #2 due my annual monthly tennis gathering.
It was my turn to choose the locale and I picked a farm (I had to go, right?)
- Thursday – I needed to run after work today because of all that eating out and I did have a 15k in two days. I headed after work to the Corning Bike Path. There was a concert scheduled so I headed in the opposite direction.
- Friday – Long work day and a rest day to carb load for my race the next day.
- Saturday – Today I ran the 2nd annual Race to the Lakes 15K. You ran from Glen Lake to Lake George and then took the bus back. I ran it last year. I knew about all the crazy hills (though not prepared for them… AGAIN). And gee they were a lot harder than I remember (18 of them my friend said).) Still it was fun. I had a course PR and came in 2nd in my age group.
I took advantage of being at the lake to visit with a friend who lives there. We went to a craft fair, out to lunch and then hit the outlets.
- Sunday – A rest day and perfect weather for boating on the lake.
Got antsy and went for a short hike as well.