No work travel. No funerals. No weddings. Just the normal runs and a race.
One week to go…Half Marathon #36.
Last week –
- Monday – So today was week 3 of the Freihofer Challenge Training (FTC) group. Again, I was tired from running both Sat (6.5 miles) and Sunday (5 mile race). There was no way, I wanted to participate in the Advanced group’s speed drills. So I just ran with the Beginner Group and chatted with a friend Denise.
- Tuesday – After three days in a row of running, I took a rest day. I also had a follow-up appt with my Chiro. I had been going to her 2x a week for a month. Now I skipped 2 weeks and I was interested to see how my leg reacted. She said it looked good, do some more ART and we discussed just maintenance from now on (monthly/before a big race). I did stop off at the gym on my way home and used some of the arm machines (that I have been neglecting).
- Wednesday – I took my first lunch time walk in forever.
My FTC group also runs together at various locations on Wed. I have never joined them but I decided to go to the one near my home. Holy wind!!!! I ran a mile searching for the group and then followed the Advanced group fro 4 miles around the neighborhood. I was the slowest by far but one runner slowed down to run with me. We chatted and it is good to sometimes get out of your comfort zone.
- Thursday – Met up after work with a few the Sole Sisters, It was nice catching up since I hadn’t seen them in a while. The run was a painful one…my lower back ached with every step. (It’s always something.)
- Friday – A rest day because I was hosting mah jongg (and had to clean the house & shop LOL)
- Saturday -. I originally thought that I may do a long run today but a young friend from Russia contacted me to say she was in NYC for a week. You can guess what happened. Two of my friends (who had gone to Russia with me) and I headed down to NYC to see her. We spent the day walking and eating around the city. First to Madison Sq Park, then to Chelsea for lunch, after lunch, Washington Sq Park & Village for ice cream, followed by a walk along the High Line, a visit to Hudson Yards.
- Sunday – Race Day – Delmar Dash. This 5 mile race is annual for me since it is the closest to where I live. I was tired from traipsing around the city all day the day before but I do have a half marathon in ONE WEEK. So I ran it and as usual, I was glad I did. No PR or AG award but time connecting with friends, free food and a massage 🙂
After the race, I dragged my tired quad to the rail trail for 4 more miles.
Then later in the day I rested at the movies.