Lots of ups and downs. Most of them unrelated to running.
Last week –
- Monday – Today I took the train to NYC for work. Some snow and ice but not too much to be able to meet Cari and go for a long walk. (Yes being good about NOT running.)
- Tuesday – A long work day but hoping that the roads in Central Park were clear enough to go running. And they were. The run was not without discomfort but still grateful to be doing it and having company. Thanks Cari.
- Wednesday – As promised I did not run but it was hard to hold back. Instead I took a walk to Times Square and back to see a Broadway show.
- Thursday – Another long work day. I had planned to either run along the East River or meet Cari in the park but decided to give the leg another day of rest. Went to the movies instead. (This not running is getting expensive.)
- Friday – Rest day because I had to take the train back home after work.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. Last one before my race. Normally it would be a taper but I was still building up mileage on the legs after the injury runbbatical. I ran alone for a few miles and then had company for the rest. Leg felt better the longer I ran. Still not healed and I followed brunch with a painful ART session. (appt #6)
My chiro agreed that it is a strange injury and should maybe see an ortho after the race. Lots of standing, walking and stairs in NYC seemed to irritate my calf and it appeared as tight as my first visit. Yet when I run (and don’t walk), the discomfort seems to disappear the longer I run. She thinks I should run the half marathon. So that’s what I’ll do.
- Sunday – Rest Day, errands and some bridal stuff with my daughter-in-law to be.