I have been saying that we’ve had a mild winter. It’s come back to haunt me. This past week, I’ve woken up to single digits. Thankfully, it warmed up (but still freezing) and I was able to survive the after work run.
Last week –
- Monday – My legs felt good despite running 2 days in a row. It was cold again but the hard part was that I had to run alone. But got it done and then met my BFF for a walk around mall.
- Tuesday – No running today since I was scheduled to sub in my former tennis group. It was fun catching up with my Tues. tennis pals and of course, at dinner after.
- Wednesday – Fleet Feet again offered an after work run as part of their running club at Nine Pin Cider). Yes today was also our 20 year wedding anniversary. No gifts or celebrations (dinner on the weekend and a renovated master bath!) But instead, I decided to do my run right away in town and chill at home with a glass of wine.
- Thursday – Another after work run. Usually I run at UAlbany with some of the Sole Sisters. But with illnesses, injuries and work, no one was able to run with me. Solo for the 3rd time this week. At least I got caught up with my podcasts.
- Friday – Rest day and still home to play mah jongg. Life is good (except for the snow on the ground.)
- Saturday – Long run Saturday with the Sole Sisters. This week, we planned to run on the Delmar Rail Trail but that darn snow covering made us change to The Crossings I started early since I had to run more miles than the others. Unfortunately Barbara got sick at the last moment, Judy was in Florida and Sherry was there as well to run the Key West Half so I had to run my first 5 miles alone. Then I ran a few with Judy & Chris and the final 5 miles with Deidre. Glad to have those miles done and go to brunch before the storm hit.
After I was done, I did some errands including get part B of my shingles vaccine. Believe or not, the the pharmacist was a runner and running the Gasparilla Challenge in a few weeks.
- Sunday – Our first snowstorm of the year! Trapped in the house to get some cleaning and de-cluttering done. Looking for a restaurant open so we could go out to dinner. (No luck so far. May have to cook :()
This Coming Week –
- Monday – DAY OFF –
4 miles(sub zero temps – no way jose)
- Tuesday – 3 miles with SS
- Wednesday – 3 miles (volunteering with STEM)
- Thursday – 3 miles with SS, dinner out with tennis friends
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – 12 miles with my Sole Sisters (Feb. 10 half marathon training peaks)
- Sunday –Winter Series #4 Race (3m)
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Please share.