After reading Deena Kastor‘s recent book, Let Your Mind Run, I was intrigued by how important cooking and food was to her. So I googled and accumulated the list of recipes below:
- Balsamic-Marinated Chicken – https://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-weight-loss/a20790839/deena-kastors-balsamic-vinegar-recipes/
- Kale Sweet Potato Salad – https://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-weight-loss/a20815714/from-the-kastor-kitchen-kale-sweet-potato-salad/
- Energy Bars – https://running.pocketoutdoormedia.com/kastors-kitchen-energy-bars_15148
- Eggs Italia – http://www.espn.com/espnw/athletes-life/article/14098712/runner-deena-kastor-easy-eggs-italia
- Grilled Vegetable Polenta Casserole – https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/healthy-eating/a20500442/healthy-recipes-from-the-runners-world-cookbook/
- Sausage and Cannellini Beans – https://www.motivrunning.com/nutrition-for-runners/eat-like-pro-sausage-white-beans/#
- Roasted Fig Salad – https://running.pocketoutdoormedia.com/kastors-kitchen-roasted-fig-salad_17812
- Carmelized Onion and Fig Pizza – https://chefd.com/products/caramelized-onion-and-fig-pizza
- Avocado Enchilada – https://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipe/vegetables/deena-kastors-avocado-enchiladas
- Homemade Granola – https://running.pocketoutdoormedia.com/kastors-kitchen-homemade-granola_32776
- Spring Frittata – https://running.pocketoutdoormedia.com/kastors-kitchen-spring-frittata_15144
- Pesto Pasta – https://www.active.com/nutrition/articles/the-healthy-dish-pesto-pasta
- Grilled Peaches – https://running.pocketoutdoormedia.com/kastors-kitchen-grilled-peaches_15350
- Beach Nuts, Best-Ever Guacamole, Stuffed Dates – http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/news/recipes/deenakastor
- Sunrise Juice, The Green V – https://trailrunnermag.com/nutrition/deena-kastors-juice-recipes.html
- Green Chile Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Lasagna , Cornbread Stuffed Portabellas – https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/17/deena-kastors-green-chile-pumpkin-pie/
And yes, in one of the articles, Deena mentioned that she is writing a cookbook.
Personally, I don’t cook often or make complicated recipes. I try to eat healthy but don’t always.
I should runfess that I haven’t made anything from Shalane’s cookbook yet and I’ve had it for quite a while.
But I am tempted to make the two recipes that I added pics of. Pasta and pizza – two of my favorite carbs!!!
Since today is Tuesday, I’m also linking up with these ladies.
Happy Running! Do you cook healthy? Have you made any of her recipes? Would you buy her cookbook?