Yup, I’ll be running my first half marathon of 2019 in one month….gulp!
Last week –
- Monday – My legs felt good despite doing my long run the day before so I took advantage and ran after work in my town …for a change.
- Tuesday – No running today since I was scheduled to sub in my former tennis group. I was pretty rusty but it was fun catching up with my Tues. tennis pals and of course, at dinner after.
- Wednesday – Fleet Feet again offered an after work run as part of their running club. I thought about it and I may go next Wed (It’s at Nine Pin Cider) but I decided to run locally again instead since I had errands to run. Luckily the rain had stopped but boy was it windy!!!
- Thursday – An after work run at UAlbany with one of the Sole Sisters. Another windy night!! We froze. But always glad to have someone to run with.
- Friday – Another rest day (even colder and still windy) and still home so I could go play mah jongg.
- Saturday – Long run Saturday with the Sole Sisters. This week, we met to run at the Corning Bike Path. It was VERY cold (teens) but at least the sun was out and the wind had died out. I ran my 10 miles with Judy (8 with Barbara) and I was glad for their company.
This week, our run was followed by a book club. We all read Let Your Mind Run by Deena Kastor and got together to eat and discuss the book. First knitting, now reading. What will our running group tackle next?
But on a sad note-
- Sunday – Today I ran in the Winters Series #3 Race. Usually I run the 10k distance but because I ran long the day before, I switched to the 3 miler. I’m glad that I did and it’s always a fun time (even though it was 2 with the windchill, my Garmin battery was dead and my shoe was untied for the whole race) since I get to meet up with so many familiar faces.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – 3 miles, mall walk with BFF
- Tuesday – rest day, tennis sub
- Wednesday – 3 miles (FF Cider run?)
- Thursday – 3 miles with SS
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – 11 miles with my Sole Sisters (Feb. 10 half marathon training continues), anniversary dinner (20 years on 1/16)
- Sunday -rest day
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Please share.