Thanks to Laurie from Meditations in Motion, I discovered a new link up started by blogger Heather Gerwing. The last Monday of each month, Heather invites other bloggers to share their “Four Somethings”: Something Loved, Something Said, Something Learned, Something Read. If you are a blogger, you may post your Four Somethings too!
So here are mine:
NYC at Christmastime. I know it’s only November, but the city starts buzzing after Halloween.
In a review of the movie A Star is Born (which I absolutely loved) –
“…life is about taking risks and some of the greatest rewards come from throwing away everything that feels safe.”
So obviously this can apply to life as well as running.
- Does it mean that I should sign up for the 2019 NYC Marathon????
- Does it mean that I should retire from my current job?
I always learn something from every run and every race. The problem is remembering what you learned and applying it.
So what did I learn from my most recent runs and races?
- I can still PR at age 65.
- I don’t need to put in a lot of miles to be successful in my races.
- I missed racing on Thanksgiving Day.
- Running in frigid temps is uncomfortable but doable.
- Hills won’t kill you.
- Walking up huge hills in a race will prevent injury.
- Expensive races don’t mean better race experiences.
The Leavers is about an undocumented mother who suddenly disappears and the young American-born son she leaves behind. Of course with our current immigrant situation, it seemed very timely. I really enjoyed the story and its characters.
Happy Running! What are your FOUR somethings? Share at least ONE.