Back to guess where? And my last Half Marathon for 2018!!
- Monday – Though I was tired from the weekend, I do love my NYC runs. I started along the Hudson River
but for safety sake I ended up running on the city sidewalks. Crowded for sure but I got to see some the holiday decorations.
- Tuesday – Today after work I took the subway to Central Park. I was hoping to run with Cari but she was stuck at work so I was solo. Not really. There were lots of runners in the park.
I walked back to my hotel. Again admiring the lights of the city at Christmastime.
- Wednesday – Rest Day. Train home after work.
- Thursday – Race Day – Troy Turkey Trot 5k. Well the night before there was a train derailment which led my train to be stuck an hour away. My hubby picked me up but I didn’t get home until after 11 pm. I also woke up to negative single digits with the windchill so I decided to skip the race.
It felt really strange not to race on Thanksgiving Day. I had done a turkey trot every year since 2009 (except 2012 when I was injured.) I waited for the temps to warm up to double digits and ran my own 5k. It was not fun but got it done.
Later in the day I ate back all the calories I burned and more at the family Thanksgiving dinner.
- Friday – Rest Day and drive to Pelham with Alyssa. After checking into our hotel, we picked up our bibs and carb loaded at dinner.
Then we walked off our dinner at a nearby mall.
- Saturday – Race Day. Pelham Half Marathon – the hilliest race ever. I mean I had problems even walking up the hills. But Alyssa and I survived and had fun. It is great local race. I even won my age group.
- Sunday – Rest Day and I deserved it!
This Coming Week –
- Monday – 3 miles??
- Tuesday – 3 miles, mall walk with BFF
- Wednesday – train to NYC, 4 miles
- Thursday –3 miles (in NYC)
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – Long Run with Sole Sisters (6 miles) or Jingle Bell 5k
- Sunday – rest day and anniversary Mah Jongg dinner
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Did you experience the arctic chill on Thanksgiving Day? Did you run a Turkey Trot? Please share.