Back to the Big Apple for work and a 15k race. A busy week, for sure!
- Monday – Another Turkey Trot Training group run missed. It was raining and I am a weather wimp. Besides I still wasn’t feeling 100%.
- Tuesday – Another rainy day. This weather is getting old but the rain did stop in time to squeeze in a run before tennis. Due to the time change, the only place light enough to run is UAlbany. But I play tennis near Colonie Town Park so I rushed to try to get my run done before it got too dark. And I did. Mostly.
- Wednesday – Off to NYC by train for work. After set-up in Queens, I made it out for a run. Lucky for me, NYC has lights for those working runners. I took the subway to Central Park and ran there. I wished, however, that I could have enjoyed the fall foliage in the daylight. But it was in the 60s so grateful for the warm temps.
- Thursday – Another work day in NYC, Tonight I ran along the Hudson River. And yes, it was lit up there too. Not as warm as the day before but not bad and warmer along the river than in the city. (Strange?)
- Friday – Back home by train. No time to run but it was raining anyway.
- Saturday – I spent the day with my mentee Amanda and her two sons. It had snowed and we froze but they had fun so it was worth it.
- Sunday – Race Day. Today I ran the Stockade-athon 15k. It was my 6th time running it and it’s always a fun time because of all the familiar faces you run into. I was really really tired and I was planning to run the race as a training run for my upcoming half. The cold temps and the wind kept me moving and I ended up with a PR!!
This Coming Week –
- Monday – Turkey Trot Training Group?? Most likely a rest day or a local 3 miles
- Tuesday – drive to LI, 3 miles (or a rest day because rain is predicted)
- Wednesday – work in LI, 4 miles
- Thursday -rest day, drive home
- Friday – rest day, hair appt, mah jongg
- Saturday – Girls on the Run 5K
- Sunday – Turkey RaffAL fun run – 5 miles
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Please share.