Traveling is great but it’s tough getting back in a routine.
- Monday – My last day in Paris. I was wondering whether my legs would be tired but they felt as fresh as a daisy. So I went for a run in the same park as my first Paris run with Karen but in a different part of Bois de Vincennes.
We spent the rest of the day outside of Paris in Saint Germain en Laye. (Since I’ve been to Paris many times before, I tried to do different non touristy things on this trip.) It was fabulous.
Ended my trip with a delicious dinner and a walk down the Champs Elysées.
- Tuesday – Rest day. Shuttle, plane, and 3 trains home. No problems…arrived home safely!
- Wednesday – Back at work and having trouble adjusting to the 6 hour difference in time. it was raining but then it stopped so I thought Id go for a run. Temperature drop and wind… I thought that I could run in a long sleeved shirt and capris and would warm up as I ran. Nope… in the 40s but felt like 30s. Quit after one mile. Brrrrrr.
- Thursday – So today, I packed tights and a jacket. I was determined to not let the weather stop me from running.
- Friday – Rest Day cuz there was unpacking, laundry and mah jongg to squeeze into the evening.
- Saturday – Long Run with my “Sole Sisters.” With a half marathon coming up, I wanted to run 9 or 10 miles. The fall temps were perfect as was the company (esp. breakfast afterwards).
- Sunday – Today I drove 3 hours with my stepson & his girl friend to go to my future daughter-in-law’s bridal shower. I am so excited for this wedding in March.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – 3 miles (Turkey Trot Training Group)
- Tuesday – 3 miles, tennis sub
- Wednesday – rest day, dinner out with tennis pals
- Thursday – 4 miles. mall walk with my BFF
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg chez moi
- Saturday – 4 miles (if time), bus to NYC
- Sunday – Poland Spring 5m Race, lunch with friends, Broadway Show, train home
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Please share.