Back in NYC but only for 3 days not 5. Heat Wave and not much running (but not because of the heat.)
- Monday – Took the train to NYC today and normally I would head right out to do a run. But in addition to running, I love tennis so since the US Open Tennis Tournament has started today in Queens, I decided to get tickets. I have been many many times but never to watch a night match.
Anyway the train arrived an hour late so the run was out of the question. So I hopped a subway to Queens and waited on a LONG line but got to see Kelly Clarkson in concert and Serena and Rafa play. So glad I went (except for late bedtime.)
- Tuesday – Again, you will be shocked to note that I did not run again in NYC. I REALLY wanted to but my co-workers scheduled a dinner and I didn’t want to act anti-social so I went. It was a fun time and I did walk to and from the restaurant rather than taking the subway line the others.
BTW: the heat index in NYC was 107.
- Wednesday – Rest Day #3. No time to run, I had to catch a train home after work.
- Thursday – I wish I was a morning runner. I had a hair appt after work. Life is getting in the way of my running. I was done around 7 pm with finally some cooler temps so I caved and went for a run.
- Friday – To run or not to run. I hate to run the day before a long run but I had time before mah jong so I did.
- Saturday – Finally able to run with the Sole Sisters. What a difference from last weekend. It was cooler, earlier and I had company which made all the difference. I ran with Judy for 5 miles and then Sherry for 6. Then the 10 of us hung out for food and conversation.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday. After a weekend off, I was happy to get back on the lake. It was the annual Christmas celebration so there were lots of boats in the bay and a live band. So much fun.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – DAY OFF – 4 miles
- Tuesday – rest day, tennis
- Wednesday – train to NYC, 4 miles
- Thursday – 3 miles
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – 12 miles
- Sunday – rest day, boating
Please link up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by these wonderful bloggers Holly @ HoHoRuns and Wendy @ Taking the Long Way Home
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Is the humidity killing your running mojo?Please share.
It’s funny how so many different entities celebrate Christmas at different times. Glad you enjoyed the match
I am much more likely to run in the morning than evening, being a morning person. And I’ve been forced to put in some really early (for me) morning runs this summer. I had plans for one this morning, but life interfered, so I’ll probably run on the treadmill this afternoon.
I am MUCH better in the morning too but it is too dark at 5 am to run.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I agree. Usually I’m out there about 6:30. I’d like to be out there at 6 . . .
Unfortunately I can’t wait that long and be on time for work.
LikeLiked by 1 person