Back in NYC but only for 3 days not 5. Heat Wave and not much running (but not because of the heat.)
- Monday – Took the train to NYC today and normally I would head right out to do a run. But in addition to running, I love tennis so since the US Open Tennis Tournament has started today in Queens, I decided to get tickets. I have been many many times but never to watch a night match.
Anyway the train arrived an hour late so the run was out of the question. So I hopped a subway to Queens and waited on a LONG line but got to see Kelly Clarkson in concert and Serena and Rafa play. So glad I went (except for late bedtime.)
- Tuesday – Again, you will be shocked to note that I did not run again in NYC. I REALLY wanted to but my co-workers scheduled a dinner and I didn’t want to act anti-social so I went. It was a fun time and I did walk to and from the restaurant rather than taking the subway line the others.
BTW: the heat index in NYC was 107.
- Wednesday – Rest Day #3. No time to run, I had to catch a train home after work.
- Thursday – I wish I was a morning runner. I had a hair appt after work. Life is getting in the way of my running. I was done around 7 pm with finally some cooler temps so I caved and went for a run.
- Friday – To run or not to run. I hate to run the day before a long run but I had time before mah jong so I did.
- Saturday – Finally able to run with the Sole Sisters. What a difference from last weekend. It was cooler, earlier and I had company which made all the difference. I ran with Judy for 5 miles and then Sherry for 6. Then the 10 of us hung out for food and conversation.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday. After a weekend off, I was happy to get back on the lake. It was the annual Christmas celebration so there were lots of boats in the bay and a live band. So much fun.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – DAY OFF – 4 miles
- Tuesday – rest day, tennis
- Wednesday – train to NYC, 4 miles
- Thursday – 3 miles
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – 12 miles
- Sunday – rest day, boating
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Is the humidity killing your running mojo?Please share.