It was a rainy week. I am surprised that I got any running in.
- Monday – What a humid evening. Though I ran the day before, since it wasn’t raining yet, I decided to go for a run on the local rail trail.
- Tuesday – More heat and humidity and tennis on the schedule after work. Still had time to squeeze in a few miles before the tennis ladies arrives on campus.
Even met my BFF for a walk in the mall afterwards.
- Wednesday – Heat, humidity and thunderstorms…oh my! It rained ALL day but stopped right when I got out of work. I had some errands to do so I decided to give the run a try. 95% humidity. I was wetter than if I got caught in the rain.
- Thursday – A deserved rest day and more rain, of course. I instead had dinner out to catch up with a co-worker (French teacher) who I had not seen in awhile.
- Friday – Another rest day. Just because I don’t like to run the day before a long run. It was raining AGAIN anyway! Thunderstorms no less. So I stopped off at the gym and then I played mah jongg (and went to bed too late.)
- Saturday – Finally back to Saturday Long Run Day with my peeps. But at 6:30 am, the time of our scheduled run, it was pouring. Everyone decided to either run later or postpone until Sunday. Having plans for Sunday, I decided to run locally after the rain stopped and Barbara was nice enough to join me. I ran 7 of my 9 miles with her. She did her 4:2 intervals which I could barely keep up with and afterward we rewarded our sweaty selves with ice cream.
After a tiring afternoon of errands and housework, I went out to dinner with the hubby and friends.
- Sunday – The weather cooperated for Boating Sunday. Though it was hot and humid, it was nice on the lake. I can take just so much floating so I walked into land and took a hike to the waterfall…much farther than I remember (and I had too small water shoes on – hence blisters) but it was still worth it.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – drive to Liverpool- 4 miles
- Tuesday – 3 miles
- Wednesday – 2 miles, drive home
- Thursday – rest day
- Friday – rest day, train to NYC
- Saturday – Governor’s Island 5k in NYC
- Sunday -rest day, train home
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.