- Monday – It was a scorcher and my goal was to find a shady route and get in some miles while sweating. And I did.
Afterwards, my cool down was a walk around the mall with some retail therapy. I said “Yes’ to the dress – my MOTG dress for next March. A long ways away but the bridemaids, bride and MIL all have their dresses. It was just me left.
- Tuesday – A rainy day and a rest day. Hoped that the rain would end and the courts would be dry so I could play tennis. The rain did stop but the courts were too wet. I went home and decided not to waste the cooled down temps and went for a run. The humidity was as high as ever but I took a new route and bumped into a very old friend and some wildlife.
- Wednesday – I had originally planned a run before meeting a friend at the neighborhood free gym (yes you heard that right – just a few minutes on the arm machines) but decided not to run 3 days in a row. Probably should have since we went out for dinner and I overindulged. I did convince her to also go for a walk before dinner.
- Thursday – Another local run (actually calling it a run is a stretch – just wasn’t feeling it) and a mall walk to catch up with my BFF.
- Friday – A scheduled rest day because my tennis friends and I signed up for a Garden Tour.
Afterwards we went out to dinner at a restaurant along the Mohawk R.. Always a fun time with these ladies.
- Saturday – Silks and Satins 5k Race. Hated getting up so early but it is one of my favorite races and many running friends run it. It was not easy but again lots of fun. Had a slight course PR and won my age group
The original plan was to add 6 more miles after the race but looking ahead to the forecast, I decided to go on our boat instead (and yes, it was a hard decision but life is not all about running.) And no it never gets old on this “Queen” of American Lakes.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday was canceled due to rain in the forecast. But then it stopped raining so I decided to try and squeeze in a long run. By myself. In the humidity. It didn’t go that well. It started to rain and then it stopped and was stifling. There was a lot of walking but I enjoyed the scenery and got to the end of the newly paved rail trail (even saw a train go by.)
This Coming Week – (if it doesn’t rain all week)
- Monday – rest day, get ready to work at the bar exam
- Tuesday – 4 miles
- Wednesday – rest day, hair appt
- Thursday – 4 miles
- Friday – rest day, drive to CT.
- Saturday – 4 miles, tennis in CT
- Sunday – rest day, tennis, drive home
Happy Running! How is your running going? Did you race this weekend? What’s new with you? Please share.