In NYC again but only for 3 days….
- Monday – Back to traveling to NYC for work. Instead of a run since I had 5k the next day, I went for a walk. I wanted to find all the Grown Up Flowers and I stumbled upon many other interesting sights too.
I also saw another Broadway show which is now on my favorites list.
- Tuesday – Another Brooklyn 5k. This was not one of the cheap ones sponsored by the PPTC. It was the inaugural Brooklyn Ice Cream Social 5k. You know that I couldn’t pass up a race that included ice cream. So I did the race, got my soft ice cream and even ran a course PR.
- Wednesday – Rest day because I had to rush to catch my train to get home. (It was rainy anyway.)
- Thursday – Back home. I had dinner with a former co-worker but did squeeze in a short run in the morning after a dentist appt.
Before dinner, I actually (don’t faint) spent a few minutes in the gym and then we went for a walk (on the same route as my morning run.)
- Friday – Truly a rest day. Just work. I even skipped mah jongg.
- Saturday – Got up early to meet some friends to run. Many runners were racing today (yes, I was tempted) so we combined two groups and met in a new locale. Although the route was completely flat, the run felt harder than last week. But I think it was not carrying any food or water with more humid temps could have factored in. Of course, we went out to brunch afterwards.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday. This could become a habit and a nice one. Since my hubby had gone up the night before, I had some unrushed time in the morning to go for a run.
It finally felt like a real summer day. 80 degrees!! (If only the water would warm up…)
This Coming Week –
- Monday – 4 miles at the Crossings (if I don’t die from the heat)
- Tuesday – rest day, tennis, mall walk with BFF
- Wednesday – 3 miles at UAlbany
- Thursday – rest day, hair appt, wellness night event
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg chez moi
- Saturday – 9 miles
- Sunday – rest day, boating
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.