A great topic because I love SPRING and I love RACING.
I race often and hopefully my training miles will be filled with views like below:
So here are some of the races I am planning to run:
- 3-25-18 – Shamrock Shuffle (5m) – I’ve done this race several times and it’s a nice local race (with some hills). I also like the 5 mile distance.
- 3-31-18 – Ice Breaker Challenge 5K – This race is on the bike path that I often run on so it is familiar territory and that makes it easy to add on miles before or after.
- 4-14-18 – Code Blue 8K and/or 4-15-18 – Delmar Dash (5m)
I ran Code Blue last year for the first time and enjoyed it but it is the same weekend as Delmar Dash, the race closest to my house. What should I do??
- 4-21-18 – Bacon Hill Bonanza 5k and/or 4-22-18 – Sasha’s Super Hero Run 5k
I usually run Bacon Hill because of the refreshments and that you win a pie as an AG award.
But I know the organizer of Sasha’s Super Hero Run so I may run this one instead and even run both.
- 4-28-18 – Spring Run Off 5k /10k and/or 4-29-18 – Cherry Blossom 5k
Decisions. Decisions. I hate that these races are on the same weekend. We have very few 10ks so I like to run them but the Cherry Blossom raises money for ALS. Not sure if I will run one or both.
- 5-05-18 – Tropicool 5k (in FL)
I ran this race while on a tennis vacation in Florida last year. I’d love to do it again.
- 5-12-18 – Summer Smith Memorial 5k
This 5k is important because it is organized by the mother of a STEM runner who died. I knew her from my first volunteering with STEM.
- 5-17-18- Workforce Challenge (3.5 m)
This is not really a competitive race but a way to connect with your co-workers. There are about 10,000 who participate in my area. It was 98 degrees last year so I hope for a cooler day this May.
- 5-19-18 – Brooklyn Half Marathon
This half marathon has always been on my bucket list and my friend Sue has agreed to run it with me. With the huge crowd that it attracts, my goal for this half is to finish injury-free on the boardwalk of Coney Island.
- 6-02-18 – Freihofer’s Run for Women
As I have mentioned so many times, this race is the only race that I have run every year since I started running (even with injuries.) This will be my 11th FRW.
- 6-09-18 – OK 5k or Betar Byway 5k and/or 6-10-18 – Run for Help (volunteer with STEM)
Several years ago, I ran the OK 5k because it was flat and a popular local race. Then I switched to the Betar Byway 5k because it was more scenic. Even if I run one of those, I may still volunteer in the Run for Help.
- 6-16-18 – Whipple City 5K
I ran this 5k for the first time last year because of peer pressure. I was not too impressed so this is only a maybe.
All these races may not happen or they may or I may even decide on different ones.
But I do know is that this spring, there will be a #holottaracing going on.
Since today is Tuesday, I’m also linking up with these wonderful ladies: