Last week –
- Monday – Missing my BRF (whose hubby is sick and she cannot run during the week) so I decided to run in the park around the Holiday Lights. A preview to my next 5k.
- Tuesday – It was a cold yet sunny day to run but I played tennis instead.
- Wednesday – I took the train to NYC for work. My plan was to run nearby (Wall St area) before dinner. It was super windy but warm. And you can’t beat the views at sunset.
- Thursday – I worked all day in NYC and had planned to meet a former co-worker in the evening. Still I wanted to squeeze in a run.
- Friday – Again I worked all day in NYC and then took the train home…no time to run today.
- Saturday – This morning, I met the Wineglass ladies for a run. I ran with Judy and Jan for about 5 miles and finished up with some speed for the last 1.4.
Of course we went out for breakfast after.
- Sunday – Today was the first of five (FREE) Winter Series races. You could run 3m or a 15k. I usually run the 15k but since I ran the day before and I am not training for anything yet, I chose the 3 miler. Friends +Foods + Free = perfect race. Finish time was 26:49. Happy with that!
Then in the afternoon, I gave my usual birthday gift to my mentee – painting, eating and drinking (at Canvas, Corks and Forks)
Next Week –
- Monday – 4 mile run
- Tuesday – rest, tennis
- Wednesday – train to NYC, 3 mile run?
- Thursday – work in Queens, 3 mile run?
- Friday – rest, work in Queens, train home
- Saturday – hair appt, Last Run 5K race, book club
- Sunday – rest day
Please link up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by these wonderful bloggers Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin.
And with Jess @ the Right Fits and @Jess Runs Atlanta
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.
Don’t forget to enter my GIVEAWAY!!!!
Those NYC runs look like they were beautiful! And the painting, eating and drinking sounds like a great gift 🙂
We do it every year. It’s includes an mac n cheese bar too.
How awesome to be able to get to NYC to run. It’s so mild here I should have done some evening holiday lights runs. Great idea!
Love running in NYC. But traveling all the time is exhausting.
Your NYC pics are so beautiful. #sojealous I love your Northern Lights painting, too!
I love that you are running with friends and going to breakfast afterward!!!
Remind you of anyone? Lol
Wow, that statue of liberty sunrise pic is absolutely beautiful! And the lights of Christmas in New York can’t be beat either.
We sure missed you this weekend in PCB! We have got to plan a meetup closer to you guys next year!
It was sunset but love the view. Yes come to NYC or I’ll have to come to PCB next year.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great job on your 5k! I still have yet to do a 15K…thinking maybe Hot Chocolate in April.
That sunset is amazing! I love running in NYC, I need to go back!
I would love to do a Hot Chocolate race.
I know you must enjoy your trips into NYC, especially this time of year. I’ve always wanted to do one of those cork and canvas type things. The next time I’m looking for a way to entertain a guest, I’ve got to remember it! Nice time on the 3 mile race! Thanks for linking.
I enjoy running in NYC but not working there every week!!!
That Statue of Liberty photo is amazing! I’ve only done painting once but it was fun!
I’m not good at painting but it is fun.