Last week – Race Week
- Monday – It rained most of the day and it was cold and windy. Plus I left my jacket home. So I was ready to bail on the run. But Alyssa talked me into going to UAlbany. As usual, I was glad that she did.
- Tuesday – Is winter on the way? It sure felt like it. Glad it was a rest day. But I did get to play tennis for a change. (It was fun and I used muscles that I haven’t used in a while.)
- Wednesday – Off to Liverpool again for work. And I managed to squeeze in a chilly run before darkness. My last run before the big weekend.
Then I went back for a sunset walk.
- Thursday – Another rest day as I needed to drive directly home after work.
- Friday – Early morning flight to Vegas (through Chicago). Arrived around noon, took a shuttle to the hotel and then headed to the race expo.
Later on I took the monorail to take in the evening sights.
Unfortunately with the 3 hour time difference, I was too pooped to party.
- Saturday – I took an awesome bus tour where I got to see and explore Red Rock Canyon. The scenery was spectacular.
Then in the evening I ran the RnR Vegas 5k with some blogger friends followed by a long walk to dinner.
16.4 miles for the day before a half marathon. Probably not an ideal rest day but so worth it.
- Sunday – In the morning, Marcia and I went out to brunch and then neglected to eat for the rest of the day. That and the previous day’s miles may have impacted my race performance but the race itself was awesome. Running on the strip in Vegas was an experience that I’ll never forget.
Next Week –
- Monday – rest, fly home
- Tuesday – rest, tennis
- Wednesday – rest, drive to Buffalo
- Thursday – rest, long drive home
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – 6 mile run
- Sunday – rest, trip to NYC for college reunion lunch and Broadway show with tennis ladies
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.