Last Week: Taper Time
- Monday – Recovering from yesterday’s half marathon. Actually, everything felt great but better safe than sorry.
- Tuesday – Another work travel day. This week, I was back in Rochester, NY. It’s a long drive but there are two choices of places to run – along Lake Ontario or along the Erie Canal. I was ready to run at 2 pm but my co-worker asked me to help him set up and we couldn’t start until 4:30. Grrrrrr! So I chose Lake Ontario and found some cool trails across the street. But I had to cut it short to get back to check into my hotel.
- Wednesday -I got in one more run along the canal before the drive home.
- Thursday – Today I reunited with Alyssa for a run. We decided to run on the Corning Bike Path.
- Friday – Rest day and evening out with the mah jongg ladies.
- Saturday – Today I ran the Helper’s Fund 10k in Chestertown, NY. It was warm but not as humid as last weekend. I ran the whole race with another runner who forced me to take it slow. It was a nice small race and I had a course PR and even won my age group.
After the race, I took two hikes on nearby mountains and visited a friend who lived nearby.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday. And a beautiful day it was and the hottest day of the summer so far and it’s fall LOL. I spent most of the day floating on the water.
18.2 miles done.
This Week: Race Week
- Monday – 3-4 mile run with Laurie
- Tuesday – rest day, tennis
- Wednesday – 4 mile run with Alyssa
- Thursday – rest day or 3 mile run before dinner out with the tennis ladies
- Friday – day off (early morning 3 mile run if not done the day before) and drive to Corning, NY
- Saturday – rest day, Corning, NY for the expo & carb- loading with running friends
- Sunday – Wineglass Half Marathon
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.