- Monday – Day off from work for Labor Day and the weather cooperated. The hubby invited some friends to go boating with us. I convinced him to wait so I could meet up with some new running friends and go for a run first. I ran with Judy again who pushed me through another no walking run.
Then we relaxed on the boat and BBQed on one of the islands. A perfect day!!
- Tuesday – Back to Rochester for work. I rained my whole drive there but I got lucky and it stopped by the time I was ready to run. I drove to Lake Ontario and ran on the beach and then on a paved trail. It was awesome. Even collected some sea glass.
- Wednesday – After work, I had to drive to Buffalo and set up for work the next day so no time for a run.
- Thursday – My goal today was after work to find a scenic place in Buffalo to get in a run. It rained on and off all day but stopped by evening and so I headed to Canalside. It was windy, cool and I even got rained on but thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Friday – It was raining when I got out of work and I had a 5 hour drive home so I figured that there would be no running. But the rain stopped and I squeezed in a short one around the city before it started to rain again.
- Saturday – I had hoped to run one of favorite 5ks today but I knew I would be too tired and didn’t sign up. I also had the option of doing my long run with some friends. But I just couldn’t drag myself out of bed that early. So instead I ran later solo.
- Sunday – An earned rest day. And the weather was perfect for a day on the lake. We met up with friends on one of the islands.
28.25 miles done.
- Monday – 4 mile run with Alyssa
- Tuesday – 4 mile run in Liverpool
- Wednesday -2 run in Liverpool
- Thursday – rest
- Friday – 3 mile run, mah Jong
- Saturday – rest day and boating
- Sunday – race or long run
Please link up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by these wonderful bloggers Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin. See rules here.
This week’s Guest Host is Sara @ Sara Runs This Town.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.
That’s a lot of miles! Nice that you got to explore new areas/trails and didn’t get caught in a thunderstorm like me.
I am not tapering yet. This is my last big week.
I drove in that rain on Tues and Wed and did get wet running on Thurs. But not too bad.
I wish I had ended my training on my good 11 long run not a bad one 12 miler. I’m not sure what this weekend will bring – depends on how tired I am and the weather.
This is not a goal race for me so it is what it is. I am still living off my last Half high which was a PR. LOL
LikeLiked by 1 person
No, I didn’t just get wet. I got drenched. With a cold rain — it was actually 75 when I started but boy it got cold quickly!
Do you ever have a goal race? 😉
I’ll be on my own this weekend, but I’m not sure Sunday will work for me.
I’m not sure which day I will run.
I used to be very goal driven. I had weekly monthly and yearly goals. And yes goal races. Except I was often disappointed.
I am a happier runner now. And actually more successful.
When I repeat a race, I try to be faster than the previous race.
For new or longer races, my goal is to finish and enjoy the run. Why put unnecessary pressure on yourself? You get the same medal.
As a result, sometimes I am pleasantly surprised that I have a fast time. Other times, not.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pretty much the same goes whether you work hard or not. I “enjoy” doing the work (well, not always) because it gives me peace of mind when I toe the line.
Doesn’t mean it guarantees a great race. And if that happens, it’s just the cherry on top. If not, as long as I’m not injured, I get over it quickly enough & always learn something from it.
I know you are sad about boating season winding down. You’ve had some beautiful weekends at the lake! I so enjoy all of your beautiful running views and love that you seek out pretty places to run. Good luck with the upcoming half …how many weeks away is it?
Yes, it has not been a warm summer so boating has been more about relaxing & eating than swimming and cooling off.
That sounds wonderful to me!
Great job getting those runs in Buffalo in spite of the rain!
Thanks. I am always glad when weather does not get in the way of my running.
You had a great week of running in different places! You always have such pretty scenery. That wolf on the beach is just too funny! I’m so glad you got a pic with him. I’m afraid my lakes days are numbered — or maybe even over already!
Oh no. I hope you have a few more ski days.
Sounds like a great Labor Day! I love boating and haven’t done much of it this summer. What an interesting thing to see along the beach.
Your pictures of running in Buffalo have me homesick! Great job with your runs! I bet your time on the boat was a lot of fun!
I need advice on where to run for the next time I’m there.
That rain simply did not want to leave, huh?