So excited to be this week’s host of the Weekly Wrap!!
As usual, last week was busy. Take a read below:
- Monday – If you read my previous week’s update, you know that I spent the weekend with my tennis friends at a house on the Schroon River. Well, I convinced one of my friends to stay over Sunday night so we could go hiking the next day. The forecast was for thunderstorms but we got lucky and it didn’t rain until we were done.
While my friend was sleeping, I snuck out for coffee and an early morning run.
Then we decided to hike Pinnacle Point and Cat and Thomas Mountains in Bolton Landing. I had hiked them before but it was much more fun with company. It started to rain on our way down Thomas so we did not climb Cat Mountain as planned.
Afterwards, we drove into town (the rain had stopped) and had lunch overlooking Lake George before heading home. What a fun way to spend a day off from work.
- Tuesday – I also took today off from work. Some of my friends and I decided to go to the NY Botanical Gardens in the Bronx to see the Chihuly sculptures. It was fantastic.
- Wednesday – Back to work on a very hot, humid day. Alyssa and I sweated out 3.5 miles. To do something different, we decided to run through downtown Albany looking for the Nipper miniature dog statues.
- Thursday – Another work day. It was warm and humid with a threat of rain but I stayed dry during my post-work run. From the rain not the sweat!!
- Friday – A busy work day and a scheduled rest day. I did stop off at the gym on my way home to use the machines before I had to rush off to s farewell party for a coworker.
- Saturday – Today I ran the Silks and Satins 5k (for the 6th time). It was warm and humid but still a fun time. I met up with a lot of runners that I knew and even came in 3rd in my age group.
Afterwards, I stopped off at the Zim Smith Trail and ran in the opposite direction from last weekend to get in some more miles before heading home.
In the evening, one of the ladies who is running the Wineglass Half on Oct 1 organized a get-together for the runners participating. It was a fun evening.
- Sunday – Mah jongg weekend at the Schroon River house got postponed. (I wasn’t disappointed because I went there last weekend.) My hubby talked me into coming up to the lake. (It didn’t take much arm twisting.)
19 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days
- Monday – 4 mile run with Alyssa
- Tuesday – 3 mile run
- Wednesday – rest, hair appt
- Thursday – 4 mile run
- Friday – rest, gym, mah jongg
- Saturday – 9 mile run, boating
- Sunday – rest, boating
Click the link below to Wrap Up With Us: