- Monday – Today was a hellish day. A good friend’s 23 year son took his own life and I went to a memorial service. Then my MIL had a mini stroke and ended up in the hospital. Thank God, it was week 5 of the Freihofer Challenge Group run and I could clear my head with a run and friends. The plan tonight was warm-up, 6-8 400m sprints at 5k pace, 200m recovery, cool down. The weather was perfect though a little too windy. Patrick said I got the consistently award for running all 6 sprints at 1:53 (We quit after 6 repeats.)
Afterwards I met my BFF at the mall for a walk and a chat.
- Tuesday – After setting up for Wednesday’s training, I ran some miles at UAlbany. Another perfect weather day.
- Wednesday – A scheduled rest day after a long tough day at work, followed by a stop at the gym after work.
It was also my day for volunteering with the STEM runners – Couch to 5k and being week 2 and day 2, we only ran for 1 1/2 minutes and walked for 2 minutes. It was fun and so rewarding to work with these new runners even in the damp cold drizzling weather.
- Thursday – Today Alyssa and I decided to run on the Nisky Bike Path since Alyssa had the day off and lives nearby. I joined her for the first 6 of her 13 mile run. Another run trying to beat the rain. And we did.
- Friday – I had planned a quick run before mah jongg but it was raining so I went to the gym to use the machines instead. Of course, the rain had stopped by the time I was done but I lost my mojo.
- Saturday – A scheduled rest day. I got a lot done around the house. Then I went to the movies with friends…
followed by dinner out.
- Sunday – Today I ran the Lake George 5k. I’ve run it before so the uphill was no surprise. The weather couldn’t have been nicer. The race felt effortless and I even won my age group.
Afterward, I ran 4 more miles on a nearby bike path …
and then drove up to our marina and ran 2 more miles. I felt strong enough to run more but I had plans for lunch with a friend.
1 more week to go!! Taper time!
23 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days
- Monday – FRW Training Group Run (3-4 miles),
- Tuesday – 3 miles, tennis
- Wednesday – gym, STEM group run (week 3 day 2 of Couch to 5k)
- Thursday – 6 miles with Alyssa
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – drive/train to NYC, packet pick up, etc.
- Sunday – Shape Women’s Half Marathon
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is your running weather?