- Monday – Tonight was week 4 of the Freihofer Challenge Group run. The plan tonight was 10 minute warm-up, then run 4-6 400m @ 5k pace w/200 m rest, then cool-down. It was tough especially since the temps hit 80 degrees today. Though I was one of the slowest of the group, I did 5 repeats each in 1:53 (That’s fast for me).
Afterwards, I rushed off (without stretching and sweaty) to our mah jongg seder to celebrate the first night of Passover.
- Tuesday – After setting up for Wednesday’s training, I planned to stop at the Crossings (since I was nearby) to run. But had to go back to work so I ran at Ualbany instead. Another very warm day but I’m not complaining.
- Wednesday – A scheduled rest day after a long tough day at work. It was also my first day volunteering with the STEM runners. They are doing the Couch to 5k and being week 1 and day 2, we only ran for 1 minute and walked for 1.5 minutes. It was fun and great to meet the new group. I hope they stick with it.
- Thursday – Today Alyssa and I decided to run in Washington Park since neither of us had been there in ages. Even though Alyssa didn’t feel great, it was still a decent effort. Better than running alone.
- Friday – Another scheduled rest day due to an after work hair appointment. (I’ve got my priorities.)
- Saturday – Today I ran the Code Blue 8k. It was a new race for me and I knew that it would be hilly (and it was.) But it was sunny and that made all the difference and I loved the course.
After chatting with my friend Judith for awhile, I decided to continue my run at Saratoga Spa State Park. It had warmed to the 60s and it made for a perfect running day except for a fall about 2 miles in on a trail. With the help of some strangers (tissues & band-aids) and the spring water, I was able to continue my run but settled for 6 more miles rather than the planned 7.
- Sunday – Rest day again but a busy day around the house.
Then we went to my mother-in-law’s for Easter dinner with the family.
2 more weeks to go!!
24 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days
- Monday – FRW Training Group Run (3-4 miles)
- Tuesday – 3 miles
- Wednesday – STEM group run (week 2 day 2 of Couch to 5k)
- Thursday – 6 miles with Alyssa
- Friday – 3 miles, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest day, gym
- Sunday – Lake George 5K + 5-7 more miles
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is your running weather?