- Monday – Tonight was week 4 of the Freihofer Challenge Group run. The plan tonight was 10 minute warm-up, then run 4-6 400m @ 5k pace w/200 m rest, then cool-down. It was tough especially since the temps hit 80 degrees today. Though I was one of the slowest of the group, I did 5 repeats each in 1:53 (That’s fast for me).
Afterwards, I rushed off (without stretching and sweaty) to our mah jongg seder to celebrate the first night of Passover.
- Tuesday – After setting up for Wednesday’s training, I planned to stop at the Crossings (since I was nearby) to run. But had to go back to work so I ran at Ualbany instead. Another very warm day but I’m not complaining.
- Wednesday – A scheduled rest day after a long tough day at work. It was also my first day volunteering with the STEM runners. They are doing the Couch to 5k and being week 1 and day 2, we only ran for 1 minute and walked for 1.5 minutes. It was fun and great to meet the new group. I hope they stick with it.
- Thursday – Today Alyssa and I decided to run in Washington Park since neither of us had been there in ages. Even though Alyssa didn’t feel great, it was still a decent effort. Better than running alone.
- Friday – Another scheduled rest day due to an after work hair appointment. (I’ve got my priorities.)
- Saturday – Today I ran the Code Blue 8k. It was a new race for me and I knew that it would be hilly (and it was.) But it was sunny and that made all the difference and I loved the course.
After chatting with my friend Judith for awhile, I decided to continue my run at Saratoga Spa State Park. It had warmed to the 60s and it made for a perfect running day except for a fall about 2 miles in on a trail. With the help of some strangers (tissues & band-aids) and the spring water, I was able to continue my run but settled for 6 more miles rather than the planned 7.
- Sunday – Rest day again but a busy day around the house.
Then we went to my mother-in-law’s for Easter dinner with the family.
2 more weeks to go!!
24 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days
- Monday – FRW Training Group Run (3-4 miles)
- Tuesday – 3 miles
- Wednesday – STEM group run (week 2 day 2 of Couch to 5k)
- Thursday – 6 miles with Alyssa
- Friday – 3 miles, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest day, gym
- Sunday – Lake George 5K + 5-7 more miles
Once again, I am linking up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by these wonderful bloggers Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin. See rules here.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is your running weather?
yikes! sorry about your fall, but way to go for finishing your run!
I will be running Sunday but at Pinebush probably again, so I’m pretty sure you won’t want to join me. 🙂
I’ll be running a 5k in Lake George then adding more after. No thanks on the trails until I heal. lol besides I don’t care for snakes.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congrats on placing 4th in your age group! Cheese cake and wine, the perfect combo. Yum!
It was. It took the pain away.
kind of love that you went right to your seder all sweaty 🙂
A runner’s gotta do what a runner’s gotta do 🙂
Oh that cheesecake looks heavenly!
yes it was but I shared.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Your knees looked so painful when I saw them. I hope they weren’t too bruised and you are feeling better already. You’ve got me beat on the scars. LOL. Cheesecake and wine are the perfect remedies I think! Your half marathon is close now! You know I haven’t run one since PCB? But, that will be corrected in a few weeks. Thanks for linking, Darlene!
The knee is healing. When and where is your half?