- Monday – Tonight was the second Freihofer Challenge Group run. It rained all day but luckily it stopped by the time of our workout.
- Tuesday – Another rainy day but it was a rest day. I did play tennis after work and of course, went out to dinner afterwards.
- Wednesday – I took the day off and caught up on things at home that I have been neglecting and as soon I saw a bit of sunshine, I took off to squeeze in a short run and then hit the “free” gym. I needed it since that evening I had my monthly dinner out with the tennis ladies (and we went Italian!!)
- Thursday – Again this week, I met Alyssa for a run at the Crossings. She had already run 10 miles by the time I got there so we were only able to run 4 together and then I ran 2 solo. Not one of my better runs but got it done before the predicted storm.
After the run, I met my BFF who has been on vacation for a few walking laps around the mall to catch up.
- Friday – Again a rest day (and a snowy/rainy one, yes, I said snow!!) since I was hosting mah jongg and I needed to shop and clean.
- Saturday – I had planned to go to the gym twice a week but this was my first time this week at this gym. I worked out on the machines and it was pretty painless.
- Sunday – I planned to race the Delmar Dash today. It’s one of my favorite local races because it’s near my house and I know so many of the runners. But my lower back had been achy for 2 days so I made the tough decision to DNS. I ran the course slowly after the race had started, visited with friends, ate cake and then ran 5 more miles. I was solo so it was not much fun. But the weather was perfect. My back is still sore but not worse, I hope.
4 more weeks to go!!
24 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days
- Monday – FRW Training Group Run (4 miles)
- Tuesday – rest day, gym?, Judge Sotomayor event
- Wednesday – 6 miles with Alyssa
- Thursday – 3 miles
- Friday – rest day, gym?, mah jongg
- Saturday – Bacon Hill Bonanza 5k + 8 miles
- Sunday – rest day, gym?
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is your running weather?