Yes, I am late to the party but when I run alone, I used to listen to music. But I got tired of the same old same old tunes and decided to try listening to podcasts – running ones, of course.
They are GREAT! Why did I wait so long?
Here’s five reasons why:
- It’s like talking to a friend but they’re doing all the talking.
- It’s educational. You learn a lot by listening to other runners.
- It’s makes the miles go by faster. I guess it’s like listening to an audio book while driving your car. You get so engrossed in the story that you forget the time.
- It’s free. You don’t have to buy anything and if you don’t like the one you’ve downloaded, just delete it.
- There are so many to choose from. Just go to itunes and search for running and you’ll find one or ten to your liking.
So here’s are five that I would recommend:
- Ali on the Run Show – It’s fairly new. I’ve always loved her blog and I’ve enjoyed all the guests that she has interviewed so far. They last over an hour and I’ve used them during my long run. She will soon be adding shorter ones for weekday runs.
- Run This World – this one is done by Nicole DeBoom who is the founder of Skirt Sports. Her podcasts last as long as the average 5k run and her guests are so varied and yet motivating.
- I’ll Have Another – I can’t wait to listen to Lindsay’s guests – she interviews only women – some are well known but many are not. I am sure they all have a story to tell (about running.)
- The Runner’s World Show and The Human Race – both put together by Runner’s World magazine. I haven’t listened to any yet but looking at the topics, I definitely plan to soon.
- Another Mother Runner – The Podcast – I’ve met these two women in person and they were very entertaining so I am sure that their podcasts are as well.