- Monday – I took the train to NYC (I had to go there for work), ditched my luggage at my hotel and took off for a walk, some ice cream and a run. My hotel was a mile from the Hudson so I decided to run in that direction. It’s quite a challenge running on the crowded sidewalks and stopping at every corner.
- Tuesday – I walked to and from the training that I would be watching all week. After the training, I changed into my running clothes and got in a run before it got dark. Then I went out to dinner (at a Greek restaurant) with 2 co-workers and to a costume exhibit at FIT.
- Wednesday – More of the same. A short walk at lunch and then a run after work. Today I decided to run to Battery Park (and it was much farther than I thought. ) I took a ride on the sea glass carousel and then took the subway back to the hotel.
- Thursday – A rainy day. A short lunch walk in the rain but NO after work run. Instead I walked in the pouring rain to Times Square, got cheap tix to a show, had dinner, saw the show and walked back to the hotel in the rain. Lots of steps.
- Friday – My last work day in the city. I changed into my running clothes and ran along the East River during lunch. Cool and windy but so needed.
- Saturday – I had a planned day at Ellms Family Farms with my mentee and her two sons. Not the best weather. Cold damp windy. I guess it was a rest day but running after 2 young kids all day was fun but not restful.
- Sunday – It was an exhausting week. I was tired so I decided not to run a race. I know “Shocking.” Instead I decided to do a Long Run. Again a sunny day would have been nice but the temps were perfect. Unfortunately I was overdressed and underfueled but I chose my favorite location and got it done..
25 miles done with 5 runs and 2 rest days.
- Monday – Troy Turkey Trot Training group run (3-4 miles)
- Tuesday – tennis
- Wednesday – run + STEM (8 miles)
- Thursday – hair appt
- Friday – train to NYC
- Saturday – 5K race (in NYC) + more miles?
- Sunday – rest or a long run
Happy Running! How is your running going?