- Monday – Tonight was our first Troy Turkey Trot Training group run. So even though I ran 13.1 miles the day before, I had to go. It was a kind of reunion with the 10K runners. I just took it very slow. My favorite coach Patrick was leading the intermediate group so we had a new guy. He had up run outside the park and UPHILL for the first half of the run.
- Tuesday – First night of indoor tennis. Since I started back at work, I haven’t played at all. Glad to get a little exercise and meet up with friends.
- Wednesday – Unfortunately I had to miss my STEM volunteering since I had dinner plans with my tennis friends. I also had to work late so I had to skip my run.
- Thursday – I discovered a walking trail near where I work so I don’t have to walk around the shopping mall.
I met Alyssa and Barbara for a run after. It was warm (again!) but we had a pretty good run.
Afterwards, I met a friend for dinner and drinks at an Irish pub.
- Friday – Since I skipped my run on Wednesday, I decided to run today. Natalie agreed to accompany me.
Afterwards, I had my weekly mah jongg game.
- Saturday – Today I proctored the LSATs (where I used to work) for 7 1/2 hours. (I had thought it would be only 3 hours and I would have time to visit a former professor to help her on her computer but I did not have time so I postponed it until Sunday.)
In the evening I went to the movies with friends.
- Sunday – Albany Booster Club Falcon 5K race. I had planned on another flatter course but got talked into this one by a friend. My friend did not show but it was still a fun race. The weather was perfect. However my legs were more tired than I expected (from those 13.1 miles last weekend?) so this was one of my slowest 5ks this year.
Afterwards I had planned to run more miles and make it my long run. However, I had to go to a former professor’s house to help her with her computer. I had stuff to do around the home. I had to go grocery shopping, etc. So it didn’t happen. I ran 1/2 mi to and from the race and 2 miles after. 6 miles for the day instead 11. C’est la vie!
15.4 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days. (recovery week)
- Monday – Turkey Trot Training group run (3 miles)
- Tuesday – rest, tennis
- Wednesday – 4 mile run with friends + volunteering with STEM group
- Thursday – rest, hair appt
- Friday – rest, mah jongg chez moi
- Saturday – 5k race + 7 more
- Sunday – boating?
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?