As things are opening up (We entered Phase 3) and the temps are heating up, it was often hard to fit the running and walking into my schedule.
There was work, of course, but also a haircut, get-togethers with friends, runs with friends, boating, etc.
Almost like old times…not quite. But trying to focus on the positives.
Some days the run was before work, other days during lunch, others after work and some days not at all. Gotta be flexible.
Last Week –
- Monday – A beautiful day all around. A walk before work in the ‘hood …
and then a walk at lunch on the waterline trail.
After work, I drove to Albany and ran around the Washington Park area for change in scenery.
- Tuesday – A busy day.
I had to squeeze a short walk in before work
And then a run at lunch (around the neighborhood.)
After work, I had a hair appt. It felt so good to look decent again. I wish I had somewhere to go to celebrate.
Instead, I went on a walk at a nearby preserve.
- Wednesday – Another busy work day and a hot one. I declared this a rest day. With the temps heating up, it seemed to be a great idea.
I did get in two short walks in my neighborhood (before work and at lunchtime).
After work, I got together with my tennis friends for dinner in the park.
Once they all left, since I was in a park where there were trails, I took a short walk on them.
- Thursday – Another hot day so I started the day with my run. Best idea ever!! And it was cloudy!!
Then I took a short walk at lunch. The sun came out and it sure warmed up.
And then after work, I drove to meet my running friends to explore some trails. We walked at Schodack Island State Park where I had always wanted to go. We had planned to do the 4.7 mile loop but missed the turn…we ended up walking 8.5 miles…. Oh, my aching feet!!
- Friday – Fridays are my rest days due to a long run scheduled the next day.
I still try to get in 2 walks (before work and during lunch break)
and then explore a preserve or trail after work. After Thursday night’s experience, I want to find a short, flat trail. I decided to go back to Five Rivers (as I hadn’t been there in months.)
I was so nice there that I did TWO trails.
- Saturday – LONG RUN DAY. Again with the heat and everyone doing different things, the easiest part is to plan where and when to meet for brunch. This time it was BYO at Chris’ house.
I drove to Corning Bike Path and ran 4 miles solo and then met up with some others for the rest of miles (6 for a total of 10 for the day.) It was steamy (and not a cloud in the sky) but I ran the last 4 miles with a friend using 30:30 intervals which made it almost painless.
After some gardening and laundry, I was rested enough to hit the trails.
- Sunday – Father’s Day! And finally a day on our boat. The weather was perfect and my stepson and his wife came along too. We all had a great time. We ate, swam and while they napped, I read a book in the shade.
And then I went out to a restaurant for dinner (an outdoor one, of course) for the FIRST time in forever.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – run or rest day
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – rest day, trail walk
- Friday – rest day
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, boating
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Are things opening up where you live? Have you gotten a haircut yet? If so, didn’t it feel amazing? How did you celebrate Father’s Day? Please share.